BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default 2000 pts of Blood Angels ... I know right.

I play a host of armies, in which I am always trying to find some good pointers from various players from around the world to see how I can better stream line my army to be more effective in all series of play, not just the tournaments but also the casual play as well. I am all about constructive criticism from players.

HQ: (530 pts)
    Mephiston, Lord of Death (250 pts)

Librarian (100 pts)

Honour Gaurd (180 pts)
    4 Honour Gaurd
    1 Sanguinary Novitiate
    -Flamer x2
    Razorback
    -Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Elite: (100 pts)
    Sanguinary Priest x2 (100 pts)

Troop: (620 pts)
    Assault Squad x5 (155 pts)
    -Melta Gun
    -Power Fist
    Razorback

-Melta Gun
    -Power Fist
    Razorback

-Melta Gun
    -Power Fist
    Razorback
    -Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer

-Melta Gun
    -Power Fist
    Razorback
    -Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer

Fast Attack: (480 pts)
    Baal Predator (145 pts)
    -Twin-Linked Assault Cannon
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Baal Predator (145 pts)
    -Twin-Linked Assault Cannon
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Vanguard Veterans (190 pts)
    -Jump Packs
    -Power Fist

Heavy Attack: ( 270 pts)
    Predator (135 pts)
    -Autocannon
    -Lascannon Sponsons

Predator (135 pts)
    -Autocannon
    -Lascannon Sponsons

This list originally boasted a Land Raider Redeemer with Assault Terminators with a Terminator Librarian and Terminator Priest but proved to be a waste of points, since the rest of the army was able to out run them. I decided to drop that, adjust the Librarian's and Priest's armour and brought in a Honor Gaurd mounted in a Razorback and brought in a Predator since they are still the Rhino chassis. I also like the gun boat capabilities of the Baal Predators. Use the speed of the Blood Angels to get in fast and make sure to impact the first blow. Also enough Priest to fill out each squad.
    Last edited by Dastrike; 10-29-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Taken in a little advice, removed Vindicator for another Predator, 2 Priest to help add 5 man Vanguard unit.

I would drop the lightening claws on the priests. As a single wound MEQ IC, they would not last a second if they were anywhere that could be picked out in CC. Keep them in the back so your guys can enjoy FNP for as long as possible. With so many minimum sized squads, you are going to need the extra staying power.

Your honor guard should also be geared towards assault instead of shooting. In shooting, they are just another 5 man squad of marines with bolters and flamers, nothing special. In CC is where all the extra stateline boost you paid for really kicks in.

I would also drop the lascannon sponsons on your preditor and just stick with heavy bolters. Use the points saved to upgrade some of the razors to las-plas turrets, maybe even a few AssCans if you can find the points.

I would also consider taking at least one squad of vanguards. They can jump in and tie up one of your enemy's main ranged anti-tank units like long fangs or devastators, and that will help your light armor out no ends.

Battle-Brother

Did some toying around, removing the Vindicator for another Predator of the same pattern for some long range tank busting power.

Dropped out two of the Sang Priest to help free up points along with all their special weapons, and brought in a Vanguard Veteran squad to help tie up long range unit as suggested.

Also the Honour Gaurd is more geared towards that close range fun and excitement, so far I enjoy the way it is all starting to turn out.

Occuli Imperator

Have you thought about toying the Predators up the otherway around, Twin-Linked Lascannon turret with Heavy Bolter sponsons?

I have found that often I can only get one sponson to fire so it's cheaper the other way around.

Battle-Brother

Hmm didn't look at it that way, I guess back to the drawing board again.

Occuli Imperator

Hmmm, actually that works out 10pts more expensive...

Battle-Brother

Yeah, I mean I like the idea of it though because it does make more sense, but the extra +20 points is rough.