BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Necron 2000 list

Ok so i know its early days, but this is what i threw together when i got home today after picking up my pre-order of the necron codex:

HQ

Nemesor Zahndrekh
    and his bodyguard Vargard Obyron

Overlord
    - Phaeron
    - Warsycthe
    - Mindshackle scarabs
    - res orb

Necron lord
    - res orb
    -warscythe

Troops

3 x 10 immortals

Fast attack

10 cantopek scarabs

10 cantopek scarabs

5 cantopek Wraiths with coils

Elites

Triarch Stalker

Heavy support

2 x cantopek spyders one with claw

1 x Annihilation barge

just under 2000 got a few points to chop and change equipment here and there.

let me know what you think

Battle-Brother

Interesting,
    That looks very similar to the list I was just playing around with. I had a few less points tied up in HQ and a couple more spiders but the concept is the same.

It's a shame just about all the models in the list aren't currently available!
    No Spiders
    No Wraiths
    No Stalker
    Have to purchase multiple boxes of wariors to obtain scarabs
    Your special characters selected are not yet released

I guessing most of these will be in the next wave and it makes sense that will be pre X-mas from a sales perspective but anything is possible with GW - Least we forget the Nids

Veteran-Sergeant

cool list im looking forward to the second wave release to play around with my list a bit more just gonna run my two monoliths at the moment

nteresting,
    That looks very similar to the list I was just playing around with. I had a few less points tied up in HQ and a couple more spiders but the concept is the same.

It's a shame just about all the models in the list aren't currently available!
    No Spiders
    No Wraiths
    No Stalker
    Have to purchase multiple boxes of wariors to obtain scarabs
    Your special characters selected are not yet released

I guessing most of these will be in the next wave and it makes sense that will be pre X-mas from a sales perspective but anything is possible with GW - Least we forget the Nids
    luckily, this was very similar to the list i always planned to run under the old codex. i do however take an age to build and paint an army, so that army never got built. Now with the new codex and a (change of approach to producing armies more quickly) i should be able to make a 1500 force by taking out the stalker spiders and wraiths and by the time that is finished i should have access (hopefully) to the 2nd wave. thats the plan anyways. as for points in the HQ, i agree but i wanted a res orb in my 3 immortal units as they are the core of the army and i want them sticking around.

cool list im looking forward to the second wave release to play around with my list a bit more just gonna run my two monoliths at the moment
    much to popular internet discussion about the "nerfed" monolith, i think its great. I just think it has to be used differently/more tactically.

-it always counts as stationary for shooting. even if you deep strike so that 2 weapons plus the gate if you can get the deep strike right i.e close enough without mishaps.

- its 14 14 14 14 14 14 etc etc lol ok no old living metal, but to stop it from shooting you have to destroy a weapon. it has 5.

- multiple targetting from the arcs.

- veil of darkness built in to it. (which can also be used to auto bring on a unit from reserve) so if you need a uni you can garuntee is comes on.

_-it can aso bring out any necron unt i believe. so you bring out your pretorians to lay down some strength 5 ap2 or even funnier 5 destroyers with 10 ap 3 shots.

apologies for the awful spelling and typos in that post.

What do you all think about the Ghost Ark-and-Warriors combo? I was thinking of using Imotekh, Monoliths, and several squads of Warriors with Ghost Arks, putting a Lord with Resurrection Orb in each squad. Flesh that out with some Destroyers and maybe a Destroyer Lord for some additional mobility/adaptability.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    luckily, this was very similar to the list i always planned to run under the old codex. i do however take an age to build and paint an army, so that army never got built. Now with the new codex and a (change of approach to producing armies more quickly) i should be able to make a 1500 force by taking out the stalker spiders and wraiths and by the time that is finished i should have access (hopefully) to the 2nd wave. thats the plan anyways. as for points in the HQ, i agree but i wanted a res orb in my 3 immortal units as they are the core of the army and i want them sticking around.

much to popular internet discussion about the "nerfed" monolith, i think its great. I just think it has to be used differently/more tactically.

-it always counts as stationary for shooting. even if you deep strike so that 2 weapons plus the gate if you can get the deep strike right i.e close enough without mishaps.

- its 14 14 14 14 14 14 etc etc lol ok no old living metal, but to stop it from shooting you have to destroy a weapon. it has 5.

- multiple targetting from the arcs.

- veil of darkness built in to it. (which can also be used to auto bring on a unit from reserve) so if you need a uni you can garuntee is comes on.

_-it can aso bring out any necron unt i believe. so you bring out your pretorians to lay down some strength 5 ap2 or even funnier 5 destroyers with 10 ap 3 shots.
    the thing i like the most isthe change to its ability to take any unit (anywhere on the table ) and teleport them out its door which means if you have two on the board then your advance will be so unpredictable as you can just move your army around whenever you want plus the reserve rule is awesome

Tempted to run Nemmesor Zahndrekh, 2 Doom Scythes, 3 Spiders, 3 units of Scarabs, and 3 units of immortals. I'd love to run 3 Doom Scythes, but the spiders are needed to pump out more scarabs.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."