BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Necron - Staff of Light

Hey!

I bought my nec dex (german version) yesterday and would like to varify a certain bit of information with other readers:

Has the staff of light really lost it's power-weapon status in close combat? I cannot find any mentioning of a melee effect in the armory

Librarian

It is now a shooting weapon only.

yeah it has, although they trade out for hyperphase swords (power weapons) for free

ok thanks, I was just wondering because of all the power-weapon alike blades on the models.
    and the fact that it seams imhothek has nothing to ignore armro saves with O_o

Brother-Captain

Yeah, I had to re-read that entry over and over to be sure.

It's clear; I'm just surprised that they don't count as power weapons any more. It doesn't seem like it would be that crazy.

Also, visually the blades throw you off. Doesn't help that the staves look so much like warscythes...
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Yeah, I had to re-read that entry over and over to be sure.

It's clear; I'm just surprised that they don't count as power weapons any more. It doesn't seem like it would be that crazy.

Also, visually the blades throw you off. Doesn't help that the staves look so much like warscythes...
    Exactly. When I first assembled my Imothek before reading the book I was wondering what an awesome array of close combat weapons he had (akin to abbadon with the staff and the power claw). Then I read the rules and was surprised...

well we can still hope that it is a simple copy&paste error and that the line "counts as a power weapon in close combat" was simply lost and will be errata 'd in...

Chapter-Master

I doubt it is an error when you can exchange the staff for a power weapon. Why would you exchange your gun sword for a sword?