BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Necron Best HQ First Thought

Obyron!

Holy crap! Veil of Darkness that can be used in combat. Jeesh.
    Is it worth the points over a Cryptek with the Veil?
    Hook these guys up to a blob of Lychguards with shields... or where Obyron really shines, taking a Lord with an Orb and himself with the Lychguards (since you can't take a Crptek and Lord from the same court and both lead the unit).
    Any thoughts? Am I missing something that this guy seems to be totally awesome?

agreed, he kicks butt. especially paired with his bud the nemessor. put him with a shooty unit and he can zoom across the battlefield and blast anybody threatening his boss.

so many tactical options with these two.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrWobbles View Post
    agreed, he kicks butt. especially paired with his bud the nemessor. put him with a shooty unit and he can zoom across the battlefield and blast anybody threatening his boss.

so many tactical options with these two.
    ill second that some of the HQ choices that haven't had models released for yet are awesome

Agreed. I think that isn't so bad though, as you can just use the regular overlord model or the one out the command barge set. Or just whatever lordish looking model you have.

Librarian

Obyron is going to be a great utility model. Others, I suspect, are going to include:

Trazyn. Bring along a blob of Lychguard and watch as you give up no kill points from HQ for the course of the game.

Anrakyr. Take over an enemy vehicle? In a game dominated by vehicles? Yes, please!

Orikan. First turn your enemies count as moving through difficult terrain. Mix this up with a C'Tan with Writhing Worldscape and watch the tears flow. Also, the Empowered ability is one of the most entertaining abilities and rules I've seen yet. And of course, he gets to reroll all unsuccessful reserve rolls. That's a hell of a bomb to put on somebody, with a better than 2/3 chance of getting any reserves in on turn 2.

Wow I didnt notice that combo with the Worldscape. That seems incredibly powerful. I saw the Worldscape power and thought it was the best Ctan power and thought of using it with the Cryptek power where he does the seismic thingie. The IC with the power is obviously much better. Seems like the way to go. I'm going to work on a list right now using that combo. Doesn't that seem game breaking?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brymm View Post
    Wow I didnt notice that combo with the Worldscape. That seems incredibly powerful. I saw the Worldscape power and thought it was the best Ctan power and thought of using it with the Cryptek power where he does the seismic thingie. The IC with the power is obviously much better. Seems like the way to go. I'm going to work on a list right now using that combo. Doesn't that seem game breaking?
    General consesnsu seems to be htose rules don't stack

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=18336[/url]

Discussed here!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

to be fair, the "general consensus" is only what, 3 posters?

I would argue that due to exact wording, the Tremor Staff definitely gels with Writhing Worldscape. It specifically says "treat as difficult terrain" and Worldscape reads "all difficult terrain is also dangerous"

Now the Orikan power of "temporal snares" says that enemy units count as moving through difficult terrain however it then specifies "if they are actually moving through difficult terrain....etc" which leads me to believe that the two are different.

Looking forward to the FAQ as if legal, it is a pretty nice combo, if only for 1 round.

Battle-Brother

I like the traveler in a command barge. Seems like it could be really good

Battle-Brother

i like the stormlord hands down but the zahndrekh and obyron are an awesome pair of characters as well buffing some of yours and bringing a really cool teleport ability into play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast