BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Command Barge / Annihilation Barge

Wow! I just purchased the Command Barge model from my local store and holy CRAP! It took me forever to build but it was well worth it. This might be the best model I have ever purchased from GW. It looks amazing. It appears it was made to easily swap from the command barge to the annihilation barge easily. And it works.

Additionally, comes with an Overlord that can be put on his base and still ride easily in the barge. Amazing. Anyone else get any of the new kits?

Iron Father

I bought 1 each of the new finecasts, 5 boxes of Immortals / Deathmarks, 1 command barge, 1 ghost ark and a box of the Lychguard / Triach.

So far I have built 10 Deathmarks and they where a real pain. It's the same story as the warriors where you have to match up the weapon arm and the left arm. Three points to be glued and matched up in position using small surface areas. I got round this using very small balls of green stuff in the arm sockets to hold the arms in position before adding glue.

The command barge looks nice, but I think the ghost ark may need to be painted in sections before full assembly.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

I just finished building my annihilation barge. Looks freakin' wicked!

Really can't wait to paint it up later this week. pics coming soon. =)
    Visit my blog for painting tips, WIPS and other cool junk - www.paintyominis.com

GW hit a home run with the Command Barge/ Annihilation Barge. In terms of price, design, and interchangeability you couldn't ask for more. For one it comes with a Free Overlord model WTF!?!?! as well as a great base/ model joint that doesn't leave you feeling like a small breeze is going to tip your model over breaking the base joint beyond repair (Eldar flying bases anyone?). Then to put a cherry on top its got a gorgeous look to it! I want to field as many as I can just based on how pretty the model is!

If this is the future of GW models its looking up imo!
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

How easy would it be to build one and then switch the parts from game to game, to have an annihilation barge in game 1 and a command barge in the next?

Veteran-Sergeant

So, those of you that have one, how hard do you think it would be to 'hollow out' the crescent to make a Deathscythe/Nightscythe?

Are those parts structurally integral? What about the 'canopy' section on top? How hard would it be to remove?

I'm not sure I can wait til next year for my deathgliders.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Licens View Post
    So, those of you that have one, how hard do you think it would be to 'hollow out' the crescent to make a Deathscythe/Nightscythe?

Are those parts structurally integral? What about the 'canopy' section on top? How hard would it be to remove?

I'm not sure I can wait til next year for my deathgliders.
    The Command Barge/Annihilation Barge as a Night/Doomscythe would be too small.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    The Command Barge/Annihilation Barge as a Night/Doomscythe would be too small.
    We don't know that yet. They could be as tiny as landspeeders, as they don't require any internal capacity beyond the pilot. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating the size of the Command Barge. I would expect them to be of a size, as the Annihilation Barge is basicly a slow Doomscythe with shields.

Chaplain

from the artwork they look a lot bigger then a land speeder being larger then a Triarch Stalker dwarfing a necron warrior. it looks the same size as an falcon grav tank or doomsday ark.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.