BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: 2150 Necrons

Brother-Sergeant

Default 2150 Necrons

Hey all. Had some Warriors and Wraiths laying around, and also happened to have some extra money to spend this week so i figured I would buy them some new friends and get them geared up for a tourney coming up at my FLGS. So here goes.

[U]HQ[U]
    Trazyn the Infinite
    -Catacomb Command Barge

Overlord
    -Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs, Phase Shifter, Res Orb, Phylactery

Cryptek
    -Harbinger of Despair, Nightmare Shroud, Veil of Darkness

TROOPS
    10x Warriors
    -Ghost Ark

10x Warriors
    -Ghost Ark

ELITES
    10x Deathmarks

10x Lychguards
    -Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields
    -Night Scythe

FAST ATTACK
    6x Wraiths
    -Whip Coils on all

4x Scarabs

4x Scarabs

Comes out to exactly 2150. The Cryptek is going with the Deathmarks so they can deep strike around shootin' stuff. The Overlord will go with the Lychguard in the Night Scythe and they'll fly around doing whatever it is I think they need to be doing (Already started scratchbuilding my Night Scythe. Taking pictures so if it turns out well I'll post it up in the modeling section). Not trying to be super competitive but its always nice to have a good showing, so any comments and/or criticisms are more than welcome. Thanks!

Veteran-Sergeant

so, i am dying to play the new necrons... i just made some lists of DA to combat the new robots.

i wonder if your army is too small. i know your deathmarks(plasma cannons on deepstrike .. ) and lychguards (my highest priority) are deadly but they are also a as squishy as all units are in 40k and should not be relied on. the new necron armor virginity rule is great but this but the only thing protecting your army. im sure you will run into some psy rifle dreads very soon and they should prove to be a real hardship. if i were to field 2, i would hit you with 3 but most likely 4 s8 shoots. im sure one would pen and leave your vehicles open wide for they are av11 and open topped. means all weapons at s5 or above would be of danger.

the might of the new necrons is yet to be found and your list may have some strengths i over look. its a good start and im sure you will catch many on the wrong foot with your news bots of doom. i look forward to seing the night sythe your working on. this is the unit i think will be most missed for im sure it will be a common place with all necron lords with its awesome rules.

i love the new dex, makes me so excited for tau and CHAOS!!!
    good luck with this list. ill post again after i have played against them myself.

Veteran-Sergeant

deathmarks and tesla carbines. those are the best units in the book. dont trick yourself with the cc units. and the arc doom thing. warriors are a joke now, go immortals.