BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default IA 12 with adeptus mechanicus?

I heard a rumor on 3++ that someone had mentioned that forgeworld was doing an adeptus mechanicus army list is this true?

Chapter-Master

There's been nothing to substantiate this at all. The FW guys have said they'd like to do one in the future, but to expect it as soon as IA 12 would be expecting a whole lot.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Can guarentee that IA12 isn't AdMech (unless FW change their minds)

IA12 is "The Morros INcidient" and is based on penal legion guard, Minotaur Space Marines and Tzeentch chaos (guard, marine + Demon)

Confirmed at the FW seminar at UKGD
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yup, no chance of AdMech in IA12 at all.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

--Tzeentch chaos (guard, marine + Demon)--
    With -any- luck there will be bonus/easter egg grey knight unit, something to make it possible to make interesting and not repeating spammy army that you can actually have a chance of winning :P ...although one can only hope

As a guard player aswell though, any idea what kind of army one can form from penal legions? I mean, do they even have access to tanks / support vehicles and weapons? Or will there be just FoC full of penal legion squads

Whenever we see something "official" about a Warlord titan, that's when an AdMech IA will likely come out. As of now, most sources say that's waaaay off (I'll guess IA18 or 19. Write me down in the betting pool for that)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    Whenever we see something "official" about a Warlord titan, that's when an AdMech IA will likely come out. As of now, most sources say that's waaaay off (I'll guess IA18 or 19. Write me down in the betting pool for that)
    I asked about the Warlord Titan at a Forge World seminar at Gamesday. 1.5 - 2 years away I was told.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    Warlord titan is 2-3 years out from this august, so it is likely in the concept drawing stage right now, since the Phantom is out. it will be based off the old MkI beetleback.

IA12 is Penal Legion, Minotaurs, and Tzeentch. That leaves 1 chaos God left, Slaanesh. Between that and Dark Eldar getting some love, I'd maybe guess that IA13 will involves those 2. After that, say IA14 would be a nice place for Necrons and AdMech.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    After that, say IA14 would be a nice place for Necrons and AdMech.
    We don't need a totally new niche army. There already is one in the form of Sisters. I'd be happy with a recreation of Sanctuary 101 with Necrons vs Sisters. That would be cool even if the Sisters lose in the end. Some serious FW love for Necrons and Sisters would rock. We coudl get a special Necrons character or two out of it along with some cool new Necron units along with maybe a flyer, a new tank, and a special character for Sisters. They coudl do some great APOC formations to go along with them too.

Sanctuary 101 would be rubbish for a campaign, it was a hundred or so Sisters being attacked at night or early in the morning and being overwhelmed with minimal opposition. A return to Sanctuary 101 would be better, but that has been covered in a BL book so I doubt FW will do that.

I'm not sure why SoB being a niche army (I'm not even sure what you mean by that) is at all relevent to what F would do, the FW and GW design studios are entirely seperate.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast