BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1750 - Space Marines, vanilla

Hello all, recently I had decided I wanted a vanilla space marine army and wanted to paint it as good as I possibly can. So a lot of time will go into it, but anyway I have a list in mind with almost all models I find cool and tried to make an effective list of it.
    First I will list the things I find cool. So I know, I have made borders for comments. But fear not! I will not stoicly stick to my choices. I have made my mind up on only a few units, of which mostly are tacticals, so they ahve to eb in anyway. but wargear may differ ...

So, list of cool stuff (red is what I must have!)

Tacticals + transport (love rhino chassis)
    Predator w/ autocannon turret (big cannon )

dreadnoughts
    landspeeder

SO! stuff I want, and now the list

HQ

1 Librarian
    -Null zone, Avenger

(standard cheap HQ, I don't find a lot of SM HQ's really that useful... the ability to affect inv. saves is a good ability + the psychic hood... IMO best and cheapest HQ)

ELITE

Dreadnought
    - 2x TL autocannons

Dreadnought
    - plasma cannon, heavy flamer

I like riflemen but maybe 2 of the is a bit standard... and I wanted this amry to be looking cool. IF it really proves to be more effective to have an extra rifleman I will yield

TROOPS

10 space marines
    - combi-melta, meltagun, multi melta
    1 rhino

10 space marines
    - combi-melta, meltagun, multi melta
    1 rhino

10 space marines
    - combi-melta, meltagun, Lascannon
    1 razorback, heavy bolters

3x10 marines, in objective games awesome and hard enough to kill and well just good as we know them, marines are awesome
    1 squad that will likely split almost all the games, 1 5 man lascannon squad (I though single las shots to get rid of them new quantum shielding so autocannons en ML's can finish the job)

FAST ATTACK

Landspeeder
    - MM, HF

Landspeeder
    - Typhoon launcher

2 Attackbikes
    -2 Multi-melta

some speedy support, with MM threat. I like the speed and them able to blow up the most tough vehicles, without costing to much themselves.

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 devestators
    - 4 missile launchers
    1 Razorback, Lascannon - TL plasma gun

1 Predators
    - lascannon sponsons, autocannon turret

1 Predators
    - lascannon sponsons, autocannon turret

Fire-support!! a lot of shots at range and strength, what's not to love

total: 1750 points

C&C is welcome

Veteran-Sergeant

if you like librarians, then i may have some advice for you. if you take one with gates to infinity and either smit or vortex of doom then they become insanely fun to use. you must make the upgrade for them to use 2 powers a turn but prove to be worth it. in 1500 points i take 2 of them.
    i like the list. maybe switching the devs around so you can have more wounds would be my only advice. to easy to get ride of imo. will you be posting pictures of them? and what chapter will you be using, ultra?

I'm going to play eagle warriors, second founding from Ultra's (GW has shoulder pads of them so I wont have to free-hand those on all the pads )

I'm going to play eagle warriors, second founding from Ultra's (GW has shoulder pads of them, so I wont have to free-hand those on all the pads )

I will likely start a painting blog, in 2 weeks I will do a big purchase and have some forgeworld vehicle upgrades as well (older mark rhino's imperial eagle front flates etc.) for now I am testing painting white and wheathering on vehicles and power armour.

I'm going to play eagle warriors, second founding from Ultra's (GW has shoulder pads of them, so I wont have to free-hand those on all the pads )

I will likely start a painting blog, in 2 weeks I will do a big purchase and have some forgeworld vehicle upgrades as well (older mark rhino's imperial eagle front flates etc.) for now I am testing painting white and wheathering on vehicles and power armour.

About the devestators, I would like more, but I don't know where to get the points it is allready cramped, also I have proxied a few games with these guys and they seem to avoid getting shot as people find vehicles or scoring units more desirable targets

About the devestators, I have play tested with some proxy models an almost similar army, with 5 man with missiles, but they are most of the time left alone. People find predators andscoring units more desirable targets. also lot of anti inf. fire doesn't really have the range. But in larger point games I will likely take a 10 men squad, for combat squading so I can engage more targets.

About the devestators, I have play tested with some proxy models an almost similar army, with 5 man with missiles, but they are most of the time left alone. People find predators andscoring units more desirable targets. also lot of anti inf. fire doesn't really have the range. But in larger point games I will likely take a 10 men squad, for combat squading so I can engage more targets.

I'm trying to reply with some pics, but something is going wrong I think.. Anyway!

I am going to play Eagle warriors (white & blue halved) 2nd founding successor and not a lot of people are playing them so that will be nice to have some unique-ness of a chapter of legend, not much fluff is known but I'll guess I write my own, they will be like ultras a lot anyway apart from taht they are fleet based.

I will indeed be starting a Plog, in 2 weeks I will buy some new stuff (money!) and I will open up a blog.

In the meanwhile some army list tweaking

I have indeed though to increase devestator squad size but I came up with something different, a bit more different units and more lascannons , yes more lascannons, because they punch through AV 12 and will work wonders against those quantum shielding cr@p, that's right necrons I will destroy your funky shields with las0rs!!

I will add a sternguard squad with 2 lascannons, instead of increasing devestator squad, now I have 2x 5 men squads who are giving covering fire and more targets for the enemy (2 fire support inf units, yes please)

to afford this I have taken out a tactical squad and the typhoon, in return I have taken a las-plas razorback for the sterns and scouts, also I changed the MM HF speeder to a storm, because it is actually a really awesome model and I have really good experiences with it. scouts, detsroyers of IG parking lots :P...

HQ

Librarian
    -Null-zone, some other power

ELITE

Dreadnought
    -2x TL autocannon

Dreadnought
    -2x TL autocannon

5 sternguard
    - 2 lascannons
    - 2 combi-plasmas
    1 razorback
    -lascannon, TL plasmagun

TROOPS

10 space marines
    -MM, meltagun, combi-melta
    1 Rhino

10 space marines
    -MM, meltagun, combi-melta
    1 RHino

5 scouts
    - combi-melta, melta bombs
    - shotguns

FAST ATTACK

Landspeeder storm
    -multi-melta

attack bike
    -multi-melta

attack bike
    -multi-melta

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 devestators
    -4 Missile launchers
    1 razorback
    - lascannon, TL plasmagun

predator
    -lascannons ponsons

predator
    -lascannons ponsons

1750 points

only thing a bit weird are the combi plasmas in sternguard, but had 10 points left so i though ah well if something comes close fast... I could zap it