BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Metal is really useful against the likes of WoC and Brets who have high armour saves, against the likes of WE and HE it is worse than useless. I wouldn't take it in all-comers list, only when you know who you are facing.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

depends on which of my armies im playing. I know its common sense in the new edition to play a level 4 mage, but i still play with 2 level 2 mages.
    My vampire counts stick to vampire lore, my tomb kings use tomb king lore, my Nightgoblinarmy uses the little waaagh (they have a savage orc shaman with the big waagh too), my dark elves mostly use their dark magic lore. My empire army so far has a shadow mage, fire mage, death mage and metal mage, and normally when i play that army i use a combination of 2 of those.

Just a quick comment about metal, although I agree that the offensive spells are useless against low AS armies like elves, it should be said that 5 of the 7 spells are not damage spells but buffs and de buffs, these are really really nice spells.....I'm thinking enchanted blades of aiban, transmutation of lead and primarily glittering robe(5+ scaly skin save on a unit or all units within 12, which as far as I'm aware stacks with normal AS). Add to this list final transmutation which in my opinion is one of the most amazing spells in all lores, 5+ to kill for every model in unit, with no saves of any kind allowed....admittedly it is only 18" range or 36" if you cast on 18+...still its AWESOME!
    So all in all awesome lore.

Life. All the way. There is nothing on earth more horrible than having your prize unit all have to take a strength test or die, and then crash into toughness 7 Sword masters of Hoeth or even worse...*shudders* A unit of 40 toughness 7 Bloodletters.....And believe me, I know this from experience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123