BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

What they really need with the chaos gods is to bring back all te fluff about Khorne getting warriors honour Nurgle getting hope etc

Make Necrons scary again. I like the idea of the C'tan shards as an ewplanation why they are so "easy" to kill, but not the making them the slaves part. Imagine if the shards just made it so there were several versions of The Deceiver running around, or one mind with many bodies. Remember all the cool scary stuff the C'tan did? Ya I want that back. As it is the Necrons aren't that much scarier than the (Craftworld) Eldar, and less so than the Orks. Which are scarier Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts? So maybe the crons should be more like the latter.

I would also like to see the people that worship Chaos to actually get something out of it instead of just craziness. There has to be a reason someone elects to follow them besides snapping one day. Yet craziness should also be an element present.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Freefall945 View Post
    ...If you were Captain Ret-Con for a day and had the power to retroactively configure or add something significant to the lore, what would it be? Would you advance the Tau deep into the Third Sphere Expansion, giving them a psychic client race to afford true warp travel?

Would you set Necrons back to being soulless drones in the service of Cthulhu?

Would you revive Squats?

Would you make the Emperor slowly recover, glutted on the regenerative souls of ten thousand years of psyker tribute, blinking away the dust from his eyes and looking over his own ruined, whithered body... only to ask the Custodes in a sound like granite dragged over sand...

"My sons... Where are my sons?"

This isn't so much about how you'd like the 40k universe to turn out, however. Rather, it's a question of what you genuinely think would make it -better- as a setting. Surely, everyone has an opinion on that.
    Perversely, I'd have the Chaos Legions winning the Horus Heresy, as Horus's grand scheming goes pretty much according to plan, and most legions, barring the Smurfs, Imperial Fists, Salamanders and the Raven Guard turning to Chaos.

I kind of like the idea of the loyalists holding out for thousands of years against a galaxy consumed by Chaos. It also means some of the more badass Chaos primarchs that got wasted survive. Like Night Haunter, who is space batman

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678