BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

In the Necron codex, the HQ that teleports around is called Obyron. My roommates are convinced it's a reference to Chief O'Brian.

Veteran-Sergeant

Can't believe no one has brought up the most amazing Dark Eldar character ever... Kruellagh the Vile.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

How has anyone not brought up Vorhee's From caves of ice? He is nameds after a horror villian

Veteran-Sergeant

Obyron (sp?) was king of the faeries in Shakespear's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Veteran-Sergeant

Pretty sure it was Oberon in MSND tho.

No mention of her or her kabal in the new book, she is presumed retconned out of existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Can't believe no one has brought up the most amazing Dark Eldar character ever... Kruellagh the Vile.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

No mention of her or her kabal in the new book, she is presumed retconned out of existence.

Errr, yes. Just like about half the other characters with punny names mentioned in this thread...

Thanks for making a point of saying it, though, just in case anyone was confused.

Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Night System View Post
    Games Workshop have always added little references here and there throughout the 40k back-story, i don't see why this wouldn't be.
    Just doesn't fit right, to my mind, with the style of reference GW uses. Usually, you've either got a Stillman-style pun, or something that's used for a thematic echo/emphasis, like the Conrad material that runs through the Night Lords' background. Besides that, it's only part of the name, rather than the whole thing. Could be wrong, of course, but I've always figured this one for fan speculation that's been taken as fact.
    Last edited by Lexington; 11-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.

I think those still in the background outnumber those retconned considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Errr, yes. Just like about half the other characters with punny names mentioned in this thread...

Thanks for making a point of saying it, though, just in case anyone was confused.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The old WFB Dogs of War book is the most puntastic thing that GW has ever produced. I love it utterly.

It had rules for Lucrezzia Belladonna, Al Muktar, Sheikh Shufti, Asarnil, Birdmen of Catrazza, Pirazzo, Roughneck Ricco, Long Drong Slayer, Tichi-Huchi, Oglah Khan and many others. And the fluff of Tilea was filled with terrible terrible puns- Remas, Marco Colombo, Borgio...
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast