BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

That's what you get for posting a Blair-era joke.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Revisionist history and casual arrogance FTW. If only those damn Euros had listened to us in the first place, we could have sorted simply everything out.

And yeah, the Commonwealth could be transformed into a similar idea to the E.U. All it would need is more than a handful of countries that actually have any money, do any real business with each other or have anything in common with each other except once having had the same people occupying their territory. Too bad the Commonwealth has none of those.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Mind View Post
    Revisionist history and casual arrogance FTW. If only those damn Euros had listened to us in the first place, we could have sorted simply everything out.

And yeah, the Commonwealth could be transformed into a similar idea to the E.U. All it would need is more than a handful of countries that actually have any money, do any real business with each other or have anything in common with each other except once having had the same people occupying their territory. Too bad the Commonwealth has none of those.
    Your a very angry young man, the sooner you get back and get the kind of serious therapy that's only avalible Stateside the better I think.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

First-Captain

Oh, no Aldy...he's all yours.

We already have our angry loony quotient maxed out over here.

To continue the tongue in cheek--my fellow democratic-republican's--it's only fair the Brits get their anti-american humor (or, humour, for those inclined to add an unwanted vowel...)

They've earned it. I mean, we've been stealing British sitcoms and effing them up royally over here for years. They deserve a little comeback. (Coupling, I'm looking at you.)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Your a very angry young man, the sooner you get back and get the kind of serious therapy that's only avalible Stateside the better I think.
    I'm neither particularly angry nor particularly young. Where am I going 'back' to, exactly? I'm British and have lived in Britain for all of my 29 and a bit years, give or take a few months here and there.

So you've been there and now your going back, basic and easily understood English I would think.

I had a conversation with my boss a couple of months ago on the subject of living in the States after he discovered my Mother is an American.

"So you could go and live over there any time you wanted?"
    "Yep, I just need to turn up at the US Embassy with my mother and viola! Instant citizenship"
    "Are you mental? Why don't you go? I'd go tomorrow"
    "Why would I want to?"
    "Its so crap here and so much better there, you should go for it"

"And do what? I have no real skills and no significant qualifications, I can move over there and do the same kind of job I do here and where does that put me? Here I live on a council estate and while that's not ideal, it's not terrible. I can walk to the shop at night in the reasonable expectation that someone won't "light me up" with an automatic weapon, I don't have a whole house of crack addicts at the end of the road, if I'm ill I can go to hospital and the thought of how much will this cost does not even enter my head and at the end of the year I couldn't even tell you how much tax I've paid because I didn't have to work it out and I'm a lot happier not knowing thanks". "I live ten minutes drive from the beach and in 15 minutes I can be on the middle of Dartmoor, People don't tell me to "have a nice day" 20 times a day and whilst the weather here is not brilliant I'm pretty sure it won't kill me or for the matter the wildlife either".
    "WHY THE F&%$ WOULD I WANT TO LIVE IN THE USA?"
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Does your mom live in the ghettos or something? You seem to have a extremely misinformed idea of America's crime rates as far as it concerns the vast majority of the population.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Mate, I live on a council estate, I'm guessing you don't know what that is? The US equivalent are housing projects, so yes, as far as England goes, I live in the ghetto. I earn around 17k a year, reckon I'd be lucky to get anywhere near that over there so where am I going to end up if I move to the states? Yep......

It is of course all relative, someone who lives on an estate in Manchester would consider where I live in Devon as posh and a little piece of paradise.

I'm sure America is wonderful for all you middle class college graduates, but outside of your lovely little secure bubble that I wouldn't be able to afford to live in 15,241 people were murdered in 2009.

Less then 700 murders here in 09, what f$%&ing planet do you live on, have you ever visited earth?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    So you've been there and now your going back, basic and easily understood English I would think.
    I've spent five days in New York City. That's the sum total of my U.S experience. Assumptions are bad, m'kay?

I'm going to Canada.

Alright you Yanks and Pommies settle down, now we all know that Australia is the greates nation in the history of mankind...(remembers that the carbon tax will take effect next year)...errr scratch that....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast