BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Primarch prowess rankings

There have been many recorded instances where Primarches have engaged in one-on-one combat with each other, and I was just wondering if it was possible to piece together a list of results to see if we can rank the Primarches purely in terms of personal combat prowess.

From Raven's Flight, we know that Angron was one of the most capable Primarches in single combat (no surprise) and that only Horus or Sanginius might best him.

So those would be the top 3.

We also have numerous cases where Primarches have fought directly against each other, and the results, in no particular order:

- Fulgrim > Manus [Fulgrim]
    - Corax > Curze [Deliverance Lost*]
    - Corax > Lorgar [Deliverance Lost*]
    - Curze > Dorn [The Dark King]
    - Lion > Curze [Prince of Crows]
    - Russ > Magnus [A Thousand Sons]
    - Guilliman > Alpharius/Omegon
    - Fulgrim > Guilliman
    - Lion = Russ

From this we can deduce:

- Corax > Curze > Dorn

- Corax > Lorgar

- Russ/Lion > Curze > Dorn

- Russ/Lion > Magnus

- Fulgrim > Manus/Guilliman > Alpharius/Omegon

Based on the description that Alpharius/Omegon can actually pass for large marines, I think they would rank bottom in terms of combat prowess.

So, putting it all together, what I have so far is:

1. Horus
    2. Angron/Sanginius
    3. Angron/Sanginius
    18. Alpharius/Omegon

Based on impression, I would think that the top table would consist of:
    - Corax
    - Lion
    - Russ
    - Fulgrim
    - Khan
    - Kurz

Mid table might have:
    - Dorn
    - Guilliman
    - Manus

At the foot of the table, we might find:
    - Lorgar
    - Magnus

What do you guys think? How would you guys rank the remaining Primarches? If anyone have any more info on any more evidence that might help to better understand how the Primarches might rank against each other, it would be very interesting to know them.

*These are not actual results from combat, just what Corax believed. But I feel this is just about as good as the result of an actual fight since these revelations were revealed in the introspective thoughts of Corax, so there was no need for him to embellish the truth.

NO.

We are not having another one of these Primarch ranking threads. Closed.
    Last edited by Jwolf; 11-06-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: One "No" is sufficient.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...