BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

You guys are so odd sometimes.

www.queencityguard.com

I try to stay away from the Brony part of all this...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Why do all of our threads end up involving ponies?
    I blame splodge.

So do I. He is a menace and must be stopped at all costs.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    if you notice the eye, is actually very like the old inquisition symbol from the old terminators. a nice nod to the old days

if anything the relevance of the symbols above the throne, and placment could mean II was purged as heretics (inquisition) and the XI were purged from mutation with the emperors wrath (space wolves).

i think the most important symbolism is indeed the discarded mask, as he wore it as the head of the assasinorum (is that right spelling), again another hint to the demise of the legions????

all we can say from here till the book arrives is that we are all juiced up for fluff just frighteningly its gonna be old man fluff (lemon party!!!! LOL)
    That's along the lines of what I was thinking.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I may have read it wrong but the outcast dead gave me the impression the wolves had already been used to deal with a badly behaved overly psychic legion at least once before...
    You did not read that wrong at all. That was the implication.

I put forth to you all that one of the missing primarch's was Brony-man, lover of all things pony.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    You did not read that wrong at all. That was the implication.

I put forth to you all that one of the missing primarch's was Brony-man, lover of all things pony.
    Were they necessarily psychic though?

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post

I think the rumour about the Ultramarines number expanding due to them absorbing another legions forces is a flawed theory. The lost legions genetic flaws would have made them too much of a risk for the Emperor to allow any of them to survive. Guilliman would have refused to take any flawed gene seed into his legion.
    I believe this is mentioned in either Outcast Dead or Know No Fear: The Ultramarines did absorb the leftovers from one of the legions the Wolves were sent to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by expacifist View Post
    A couple of small observations. The mask at Malcadors feet fits the description of the mask he wares when meeting the head of the assassin temples in nemesis so i wonder if they are involved in someway.

It is also mentioned in The Outcast Dead that the wolfs have been unleashed before in a simmilar manner as against magnus.
    if II is 'the lost' and XI is 'the damned': maybe Russ took out II and XI become the Legion of the Damned? A legion whose genetic mutation actually turned them into spectral undead marines maybe?

Librarian

thing is LotD are not actually a legion, and they wear and use post heresy gear.

i think the old firehawks theory has now been debunked, but i still think they will be classed as a lost in the warp 'chapter' rather than one of the lost legions.

it would be nice also to have them as a manifestation of the emperors will to save the imperiums forces when the guano hits the fan.... but nah thats to religious to be used.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast