BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Psycho, go die in several fires.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

In some other universe, there's a "good guy" faction - I can't recall which, or where - that fakes its own elimination in order to act from the shadows more effectively. Perhaps the elimination of the 1st Lost Legion is what precipitated the decision to use the 2nd Lost Legion in this way.

So, the events would go something like this:

1) Legion A is corrupted by Chaos.
    2) Russ and the wolves are sent to destroy it. Since - as we know from the events at the beginning of the Heresy - the Emperor is trying to keep knowledge of Chaos from the rest of mankind, the "genetic flaw" lie is invented and spread around. Perhaps even some of the Primarchs are kept in the dark - everyone knew Sanguinius, for example, was such a nice and upstanding guy, I can see the Emperor deciding that he shouldn't know how far an entire Legion could fall.
    3) Legion B goes into hiding. Russ and the wolves help arrange for the fake destruction.
    4) The Heresy happens, and before long, everyone who knows the truth is dead or missing.

What was the original plan? Now, who knows?

I don't think this is likely, but it is entertaining.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    In some other universe, there's a "good guy" faction - I can't recall which, or where - that fakes its own elimination in order to act from the shadows more effectively. Perhaps the elimination of the 1st Lost Legion is what precipitated the decision to use the 2nd Lost Legion in this way.

So, the events would go something like this:

1) Legion A is corrupted by Chaos.
    2) Russ and the wolves are sent to destroy it. Since - as we know from the events at the beginning of the Heresy - the Emperor is trying to keep knowledge of Chaos from the rest of mankind, the "genetic flaw" lie is invented and spread around. Perhaps even some of the Primarchs are kept in the dark - everyone knew Sanguinius, for example, was such a nice and upstanding guy, I can see the Emperor deciding that he shouldn't know how far an entire Legion could fall.
    3) Legion B goes into hiding. Russ and the wolves help arrange for the fake destruction.
    4) The Heresy happens, and before long, everyone who knows the truth is dead or missing.

What was the original plan? Now, who knows?

I don't think this is likely, but it is entertaining.
    Again, save for the fact that in Fear to Tread sanguinius and horus have a discussion stating that the 2nd of the legions was wiped out due to a genetic defect. This is different than having the wolves sicced on them. This chapter is "the lost"

The other one was executed by Russ. This chapter is "the fallen"

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    First off, holy thread necromancy Batman!

Secondly, them being destroyed outright is not conclusive. First Heretic makes clear that the Ultramarines DID get a sudden massive influx of new recruits around the time of the 'disappearance'. That part is not a theory. Whether they were from the missing legions is speculation by the Word Bearers characters. Secondly, Lorgar is deeply upset by the 'disappearance'. If this were due to such extreme genetic insatiability that they had to be destroyed, he wouldn't be so cut up about, it would be a necessity. Everything they put in the books is just hints to keep us guessing, nothing is hard and fast.

On a related point, check out this little teaser.

You know no one has payed attention to the symbols in his hands above the skulls. Surly they must be some clue as to the legion.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Psycho, go die in several fires.
    Sorry that was just Sanguinious wasn't it, my bad.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound2delta View Post
    You know no one has payed attention to the symbols in his hands above the skulls. Surly they must be some clue as to the legion.

You mean the Sigil of Malcador (the now symbol of the Inquisition) and the Staff of the Emperor (bearing the aquila)?

Occuli Imperator

I always thought the staff to be bigger than that
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

He's a frail old man.
    He may have survived Lorgar backhanding him, but I doubt he wants to carry a giant staff all day.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I always thought the staff to be bigger than that
    That's what she said ?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Well, he is on a pimp throne.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast