BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thank you thank you, more to come as soon as I can get someone to trade me some hellion skyboards.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chaplain

What did you use for the symbols on the rhino? Forgeworld or home made?

Battle-Brother

So, I have some serious questions for you -

What are you using to base coat your figures and vehicles? I've found I get better depth of color base coating with black, not white.

Secondly, I saw a couple of pieces that look like they had some mold lines on them - are you planning on going back and cleaning those up?

I used a white base coat. I tried black but it was horribly dark. So i tried the white and I think it came out real nice. the pics are a lot lighter than IRL though (IRL they look blood red, in the pics they look pink.). and no, i'm too lazy to deal with the mold lins on stuff that's already painted.

As for the symbols on the rhino, there is a post on BOLS with all the sheet I printed it off cut them out and "glued" them to the models with water effects.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Battle-Brother

Reasonable answer. Looking at a couple of the shots it looks like you're not getting full coverage when you base coat. As for the pics being lighter than the actual figures, are you shooting with the flash or with your work lights?

Flash.

Battle-Brother

That's probably part of the issue with the color being washed out.

well I take the pictures at night and I don't have a lot of good lighting. I'll see if I can get some more pictures today with natural light.

Battle-Brother

Even just moving them under the light you use to paint by will probably help.

I pretty much paint in the dark.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast