BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default WFB Contingent Rumor Roundup

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323698"]via Warseer's Ender Shadowkin[/URL]

Overall Summary

GW is going to produce a set of contingent rules which includes at least 5 new factions with model support.

The contingents will first appear in a White Dwarf (perhaps one or two at a time); WD will become what it used to be, models may appear around the same time. A contingent book encapsulating the new contingents and rules will be further on down the line.

This will not effect the release schedule for other armies

There will be rules to add contingents to your normal lists, possible scheme to add contingents from existing armies.

GW may be using this as an opportunity to clear out old stock of Kislev and Dogs of War.

Rumored Combo Book with WE and Brettonia that Ghost thought might be referring to upcoming contingent rules

A related rumor indicates the contingent paradign may be getting worked into the 40k rules as well, with GW seeing this as an opportunity to expand the scope of their game world without generating detailed armybooks for all the new things they want to include.

Contingent Rules
    Contingents are aligned with Destruction, Order, or neutral similar to ally rules, there are supposed to be 2 of each in the first 6 new armies to be released.

Only 2 special/universal characters will make it into the book.
    The allies rule has 3 different ways of aligning your force with another theres neutral allies, friendly and unfriendly (unfriendly represents, people forcing them to fight or they don't like each other but its for the best) there will be rules to use say (its just an example) chaos in empire.

There are significant drawbacks to this they also will be balanced for about 750 points to use by themselves, any more they lack any heavy hitters. You can align 2 or all of them together to create a rag tag army or infernal alliance (that's the exact wording), however some really hate each other and so have some drawbacks

There's only 1 character who can be an over general ( removing bad effects) and he's estallian

Allied lists can be used stand alone, but there will be no lord level character
    Rules for Pikes were mentions

Future Expansion
    Popular contigents may get more units later on. Zoats, snakemen, and fimir are being handled by forgeworld , but ghost felt these may get their own contingent list later on as well.

Rumors on the Book

5 of the coningents will make it into book with the official allie rules and possibly some scenarios.

These 5 armies are:
    Insectoids
    Fishmen/ichthylids
    Estalia
    Araby
    Other non-human

Contingent Lists
    Here are the rumors relevant to specific contingents
    Each contingent to have 3-4 units 1-2 characters

Fishmen/Ichthylids
    Harry was shown concept art a few years back, which could have been a preview or just a continuation of the long standing studio fishmen Joke
    There is a long standing joke in the studio about the next release being fishmen. However tidbits about undersea creates continue to build up in the books (lizardmen book, sea creature rules in BRB). And on models (dark elf corsairs/special character)

Insectoids
    Fire Belly Shield motif on latest ogre kingdom model may be clue about insectizoid race. Insect race also mentioned in the Ogre book, possible some fluff reference to kuresh or ind somewhere as well
    Hinted at not being in the forces of destruction

Pirate list
    Rumored to be White Dwarf Only

Estalia
    Have a character that removes negative effects of opposingly aligned allies
    Pike units and pike plus crossbow units

Kislev
    Cavalry Using Old Sculpts with New Models
    Re-releasing old sculpts in fine cast
    New Ice wizard model
    New unit of arquebus

Non-human Contingent
    something that will be in the book, not yet identified

Araby
    Will have 2 Cavalry units, 2 infantry units, 1 monstrous infantry unit, and 1 hero
    No Elephants
    Camel janissaries/ long barreled gun powder cavalry
    Araby Wizard with Harem Guard
    Djinn (see araby dread fleet boat)
    Elemental Type unit for four basic elements with fancy names (e.g. Fire Efreets), presumably the Djinn would fit in here.

Dogs of War/ Tilea
    Ghosts said not at first, Harry heard a whisper about them, could have been something about wharfs of Gouda though. Ghost indicated Tilians will get a WD list but will not make it into the book.
    Tileasn will get units for duelists, pikemen, crossbowmen, heavy cav, and a wizard with a new poison lore

Chaos Dwarves
    No specific rumors other than Forgeworld being told to stop making new ones (Hasstings69, et al). This could potentially mean that they are being reserved for some sort of future GW development, or not, we'll see.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Bug and fish people...I REALLY hope not...

A Dogs of War reboot - yeah I can dig that!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Grand Provost Marshal

I want my Kislevites off the shelf and on the table! I REALLY hope there's a new War Wagon model too!

Fish men were also mentioned in the WoC book's timeline section.

Hearing that this will not affect other release schedules, it seems that team & resources behind Lords of the Rings-stuff has been moved to work with FaBa-setting.

Not a bad idea at all imo

Scout

Me want see gnolls somewhere in there! :B

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    I want my Kislevites off the shelf and on the table! I REALLY hope there's a new War Wagon model too!
    If you want a war wagon, you will have to wait until the Empire get an update.

What I want to know more about is this:
    "Rumored Combo Book with WE and Brettonia that Ghost thought might be referring to upcoming contingent rules"

Is that saying that WE and Bretonnians are going to get a combined army book? Cos there will be many people mighty unhappy with that, myself included.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree with WildeyBeast on the doubled up WE/Brets book

Onto rumoured armies!~

So...Fantasy Tyranids awesome, got it. I guess the next thing we hear is, their homeland will be Silithus xD. But bugs in the fantasy realm might take a bit of getting used to. However; If Gee-dub models them after bugs in space I think it would be much more appealing, and would give some neat change to the Hammerverse.

So when I think of the supposive mer-creatures as Naga in the Hammerverse. It sounds so much cooler than "fishmen." I honestly, and whole heartedly believe that I would have a lot of fun with an army of trident wielding gillmen, and of course the all powerful special character Nessy...

Chaos Dwarfs. I don't really like current dwarfs on the tabletop. But something about Hashut and his stumpy hell bringers sounds awesomely awesome! Plus all of their sick and twisted warp technology that could make the skaven engineers drool, oh yeah! And we can't forget about the redbulls xD -insert nerdy can't wait squeel-

Araby are like the survivors of the tomb king descendants no? Camels no, Olliphaunts yes. Oh, they aren't making giant pachyderms? boo/hiss Not interested (for now).

I'm indifferent about the Kislevs. Maybe if you can intergrate some "redeemed" Warriors from the northern waste into the group I might be more interested. Who doesn't love a good axe wielding Viking?!

Tilea, To field a Grudgebringer army is about the only appealing thing to me.
    Last edited by Dont-Be-Haten; 11-14-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    -insert epic signature-

First-Captain

WE and Bret wouldnt be too bad if done properly but would prefer seperate books, only reason to join them is to give each less options and be lazy
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Bug and fish people...I REALLY hope not...
    Hey, it's only fair, 40k got Necrons so it's time Fantasy got an uncool race.

Maybe Mat Ward can write the army list to ensure they are popular.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast