BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Necron Night Scythe

Hi all havent played much of any warhammer and just started playing a yr ago with the first necrons. With the new codex out and new models without units that a purchasable I figured id give a go on my very first scratch building. I used various parts of other models to try and get the look of course its not perfect but I give it my all. Still incomplete as I am missing twin linked testa dest... and figuring out how im going to place a tiny lil necron in the center...but over all im happy with the build.

Librarian

OMG YES, love it, absolutely love it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

That's a great looking Night Scythe, good work!

oh dear lord its a go'uld fighter.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

thanks all =) appreciate the praise , going to build 1 more night and then 2 dooms and then time to figure out how im going to build them doom blades...or i might just scrap them and wait for the models and just run destroyers in the interim. Cant wait to finish the rest of the scythes and figure out a new paint scheme for my newly soon to be revamped necron army

Looking very nice, although having something to compare for scale would be good. Care to tell us what you used? Others might want to give it a shot as well. >.>
    Last edited by AbusePuppy; 11-15-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling derp
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Quote Originally Posted by AbusePuppy View Post
    Looking very nice, although having something to compare for scale would be good. Care to tell us what you used? Others might want to give it a shot as well. >.>

Most of it came from the Necron Command Barge , I used the wings , the base , the rear armor , thruster assembly , and a chopped up destroyer base , thruster assembly , and skeletal frame for the back tail of the Night Scythe... Going to be casting and making a smaller Tesla Destructor as the one that comes with the Command Barge is HUGE! and will not look proper. But as requested here is a scale shot. Its not that large as the body base I used is a Destroyer. But on a Base I think it could pass as a "rhino sized" object to shoot at.

I used two iPhone 4's as a scale base as thats all I had on hand at the time.

Enjoy!

And thank you all for the critiquing its more then welcome!

Also seeing as the Codex says there is NO type of Troop transport area in the Night Scythe as the "phase" in from a portal located on the Night Scythe...something of Land Raider size might not make sense ...we at least thats the way I interpreted the reading in the book But rhino size I think is proper.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    This.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast