BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

alot of these came from Ghost21. Just pointing out alot of these should be discarded.
    [url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/426967.page[/url]

=U
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

well...

they're rumors. they really should be treated like a weather report. as in, it's nice if they turn out to be true, but it's nothing to get worked up over if they turn out to be false.

treating rumors as gospel just smacks me of wishful thinking.

I'm seen from 5 sources now that 2012 will not see a new Tau codex... Yeah you have Black Templars, Dark Angels, 6th Ed, and even Chaos Marines slotted for O'12...but NO TAU?! Are these people effing serious?! It's enough to make me walk away from the game... That's ridiculous! It'll have been two game editions and no update! Or worse? They just give us a white dwarf update to keep us strung along...

What have you people heard?

Brother-Captain

Its the same w/ whfb - the armies that most need an update and where skipped the entire prior edition aren't even on the radar - stupid GW.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    they're rumors. they really should be treated like a weather report. as in, it's nice if they turn out to be true, but it's nothing to get worked up over if they turn out to be false.
    But there are legitimate rumors and non-legitimate ones. ghost21 literally made stuff up, there's absolutely no reason to believe the stuff he said anymore. But if you hear something from Harry or Hastings on warseer, it's almost certainly true. And there are plenty of legitimate sources out there. The exact details might not always be completely correct, but they're likely pretty accurate. Dismissing all rumors because they're rumors is kinda silly.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

why would it be silly to treat all rumors as what they are? they're rumors, not facts.

whether or not a certain person is more or less accurate about some rumors doesn't mean we should treat what they say as fact. It's a good indication, but it's not concrete.

Apart from his ragequit confession, what exactly has he specifically got wrong? I mean he knew some concrete details on Dreadfleet long, long before anyone else. Also I believe it was Hastings who said he was '99.999999% certain' that there wouldn't be a plastic Daemon Prince or Bloodletters kit or something days before it went upfor sale on the GW website. Everyone gets things wrong and there are a lot of rumourmongers who have ragequit because of the abuse they are subjected to when something they heard doesn't pan up.

I'm not saying we should take him at his word yet, I'm just saying we should perhaps wait and see what happens over the next few months before dismissing what he says he heard is happening. A lot of his Empire rumours, for example, were corroborated by both Hastings and Harry, but we still don't know if they are accurate or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    But there are legitimate rumors and non-legitimate ones. ghost21 literally made stuff up, there's absolutely no reason to believe the stuff he said anymore. But if you hear something from Harry or Hastings on warseer, it's almost certainly true. And there are plenty of legitimate sources out there. The exact details might not always be completely correct, but they're likely pretty accurate. Dismissing all rumors because they're rumors is kinda silly.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Apart from his ragequit confession, what exactly has he objectively got wrong?
    He was completely off on Sisters and Necrons.

Sisters could of just changed. He had then down as a full release with models and all the "fixins". GW could of just decided to put them off until after 6th.

With Necrons he let his opinion of BoK get the best of him.

I look at all rumors as what they are intended. Someone told someone else that they were told this was going to happen. If it doesn't happen, meh. If it does come true, sweet! =]

I wasn't paying much attention to the Necron rumours so fair enough. Also that should have read 'specifically got wrong' not objectively, edited. Grumble early morning ungrumble.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Please Phil Kelly writing it and NOT ward or cruddace. Cruddace > Ward, but Kelly > Cruddace.

I've had Matt Ward for both Marines and Necrons this edition. Now if you please stop letting him do codices...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast