BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Iron Father

Default Deathwing in 6th

........Starter Box

Not sure if you guys have seen this via Beasts of War

[url]http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/rumor-40k-6th-edition-starter-box/[/url]

Nothing really that new but the inclusion of Belial (rumored) would be cool as well as new Ravenwing and Death wing models.

Via Faeit 212
    Chaos Powered Armoured Marines will be included, as well as the new Dreadnought (or renamed dreadnought).

On the Dark Angel side of things, Belial is in there, leading the assumption that on the Dark Angels side there might not be much powered armour. Instead it could very easily be two units of Deathwing Terminators and even some fancy new Ravenwing Jetbikes.

I apologise if this has been covered in another thread.

Dead
    Last edited by Deadlift; 05-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

DA side should be a Terminator captain, who can be used as Belial, 5 Deathwing Terminators, 10 Tac marines, and 3 Ravenwing bikes (this is the second place I have heard Jetbikes)
    Chaos side Power Armor is likely just 5 Chosen and 5 Posessed, with a Sorcerer, Dreadnought, and cultists to make up the remainder of their force.

Librarian

I can actually believe what they're saying for the most part. Belial, maybe. I wonder this new Belial's rules would be. I've already made my 3 versions of him, but I wouldn't mind a nicer lightning claw version, or Thunderhammer version. DW termies. Sure why not. Jetbikes for Ravenwing. That seems like a very big stretch. The Chaos stuff is believable.

Brother-Captain

I totally expect jetbikes for Ravenwing when DA get an update.

It falls perfectly in line with what's happened to the other SM books these past few years. They get special toys to distinguish them from the other SM books and some sort of flashy new kit or other: Ironclad Dreadnought/Land Speeder Storm, Thunderwolf Cavalry, Stormraven, Dreadknight, etc.

DA need something to make them stand out a bit more.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

As much as I want the DA codex to be unique, I dont want my Ravenwing, as it stands now, to become obsolete for the sake of being unique. An honour guard unit for Sammael sure, but not an army.

Chaplain

I'm surprised no one said this here or in the Beasts of War comments.

if Belial is in the box and the story is about him hunting a fallen, then why not have Cypher who is possibly the greatest threat to the Dark Angels and the Imperium simply because they don't know what his goal is. I think the Deathwing Captain would jump at the chance of capturing the most infamous of Fallen.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    I'm surprised no one said this here or in the Beasts of War comments.

if Belial is in the box and the story is about him hunting a fallen, then why not have Cypher who is possibly the greatest threat to the Dark Angels and the Imperium simply because they don't know what his goal is. I think the Deathwing Captain would jump at the chance of capturing the most infamous of Fallen.
    Could be he is in the new dex, when it comes ?

But your right having both in the starter box would be very cool.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I like the idea of story but not so much having so many similar models sloshing about in people's armies. The current boxes are nicely multi-purpose

Marine jetbikes? wow that takes me back...
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

I just hope that the starter set includes non-modeled iconography, I would hate to have that stuff limiting the paint schemes.