BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Difference is Sisters were an almost exclusivly direct only, metal only army. They got what they needed. If they'd waited to get a book launch, it'd need a full plastic set of minis as well and would have taken much longer

As for Tau....a tiny WD update wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Have a single page of FAQ in WD that simply says;

"From now on all Tau battlesuits are BS4, Kroot guns are Assault 2, Dead drones don't force a leadership test on units and all Markerlights fire 2 shots and all count as networked."

Short of an actual book thats half a page in WD that would mean the Tau could actually play and actually survive a game.

If they could make Dark Angels and Templars competive (or less crap) with the FAQ that re-dressed points and stuff why can't they do that with Tau? We didn't even get a FAQ in the last round
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-18-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I endorse the Good Doctor's suggestions, and offer my own as well: Make markerlights assault, (I would even give up the second markerlight shot for this) so you can place them on troops and still move them. Place markerlights and sniper drones on the upgrade list for crisis suits and stealth suits. This permits deleting the never-to-be-sufficiently-damned USELESS Drone Control Guy. (pet peeve of mine, sorry) Delete the REQUIREMENT for a Devilfish for pathfinders (make it optional, IOW). Oh, and drones need to be BS3 minimum. (Why in hades would anyone produce wardrones and NOT put the targeting tech into them?)

Fly Lord

Its said to be the full thing - codex update and all.

Rumor is out of the blue, but the source is old and trustworthy.

If you all remember, this is the return of the "old trend" as the stories were pointing to a Q1-2 Tau release in the Fall of last year, before all the Dark Angel/Chaos stuff started to shoot up.

And for those who are wondering, this is not the same source as the discredited Ghost21 who fed the community lies in February.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

I remember Tau being March in the rumours, and being disappointed when it wasn't.

I don't hold out a lot of hope for them in the mean time. I took mine to a national tournement last weekend, expecting to have a laugh and get drunk, and ended up coming 4th. They'd been in storage for the last year and a half, and will likely return to the box until we get another book

They can work, but mostly because most people have forgotton what they're like.

We know now (99%) that May is Necrons and maybe some new Fantasy bits (from the back page of WD). Which puts June as the next slot.

Only problem remains of rumours that the Chaos dex is printed, and the DA is maybe being done, but nothing of the sort for Tau.

The only downside of a new Tau codex will be the loss of the best 5 points you can ever spend....Disruption Pods :'(

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Only problem remains of rumours that the Chaos dex is printed, and the DA is maybe being done, but nothing of the sort for Tau.
    In fact, one of my contacts in the world of guys-who-own-FLGSs tells me that the warehouses are still full of Tau codices, and that GW is apparently very good about not spending money to print books that their own release schedule will render unsellable.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    The only downside of a new Tau codex will be the loss of the best 5 points you can ever spend....Disruption Pods :'(
    You think so? At least it's an upgrade that nobody ever bothers to model :-/.

Chapter-Master

Disruption pods might still exist, but i doubt theyl give a 4+ save for 5pts

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    In fact, one of my contacts in the world of guys-who-own-FLGSs tells me that the warehouses are still full of Tau codices, and that GW is apparently very good about not spending money to print books that their own release schedule will render unsellable.
    I don't know how true that is. My local Rogue Trader still has stacks and stacks of the previous Necrons Codex. They even had an old Guard codex last time I was there.

Fly Lord

Yeah, we have three "rumor branches" going on right now:

1) Chaos Legions is next -
    PROS: codices are said to back from printers, minis are done, matches the power-armor / non power armor release pattern
    CONS: GW's desire to wait till after 6th launches to put out such an important book
    RUMORMONGER CREDIBILITY: Average

2) Tau is next -
    PROS: last major un-updated codex from 4th, minis are done, and on ice for months, no word on codex
    CONS: Surprise rumor coming out of nowhere, would be 2 xenos in a row for codex releases
    RUMORMONGER CREDIBILITY: Average

3) Dark Angels are next-
    PROS: older codex in need of an update, DA minis seen in the new starter painting sets, matches the power-armor / non power armor release pattern
    CONS: Yet another marine variant, with low interest, after 6 months of no new 40K codices.
    RUMORMONGER CREDIBILITY: Low
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Default Tau Forgeworld Update

No one's mentioned the Tau update from forgeworld yet. I believe this is as good as its probably going to get in the near future, so take what you got and run with it. It's downloadable from forgeworld as a pdf, and I'd advise you to check it out. It's legal on the table and it probably the best update we're going to get.

It's got weapons options in there which make hammerheads more versatile, Kroot have cavalry and monstrous creatures, sensor towers make a unit within 6" of it twin-linked per turn, deepstriking drone sentry turrets with weapon options, tetra marker light skimmers which shoot 4 ML shots which hit on a 3+, and new xv8 commander variants.

Definitely worth looking into.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    No one's mentioned the Tau update from forgeworld yet. I believe this is as good as its probably going to get in the near future, so take what you got and run with it. It's downloadable from forgeworld as a pdf, and I'd advise you to check it out. It's legal on the table and it probably the best update we're going to get.

It's got weapons options in there which make hammerheads more versatile, Kroot have cavalry and monstrous creatures, sensor towers make a unit within 6" of it twin-linked per turn, deepstriking drone sentry turrets with weapon options, tetra marker light skimmers which shoot 4 ML shots which hit on a 3+, and new xv8 commander variants.

Definitely worth looking into.

cannot find this, please link it!! thanks!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast