BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. #101
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    263

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    I still remain a staunch Tau rumor atheist. We'll get a codex the moment we do, and not a second before. It's like when we were kids, if you watch the clock at school, the time went...by.....so........slow....ly...., BUT if you just forget about it, have fun where you may, learn your Tau'Va, play a different army, take up another game system, and before you can open your eyes, the new dex will be here, and we'll all hug and pop the champagne... But for now? NewTau codex? What new Tau codex?

    P.S I am SO hoping that the Ultra Marines learning that the Tau are the saviors of mankind if true...I would LLLLAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH...so hard. In YO FACE Black Templars! Death to the heretic and the xenos?! This xenos is the only shot you've got at ever defeating chaos! St 10 rail gun this! Bwahahhahaahahha...ha.
    A couple of us are talking about this in our area. It's quite amusing that "TAU" is the key. Thus now why explains their "WARP" issues.

    Screw the Warp....I'll take huge mass destruction weapons of pure firepower anyday over anything melee.

    Nothing like the satisfaction of mowing down your enemy from one corner of the board to another....

    Railguns....oh how I love the.......

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    P.S I am SO hoping that the Ultra Marines learning that the Tau are the saviors of mankind if true...I would LLLLAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH...so hard. In YO FACE Black Templars! Death to the heretic and the xenos?! This xenos is the only shot you've got at ever defeating chaos! St 10 rail gun this! Bwahahhahaahahha...ha.
    That would be the dumbest plot development ever. It would go against everything that the Imperium and the tone of the entire 40k universe are built on. Suppose one walked up to an Astartes - a genetically and surgically modified, brain-washed engine of death and said "the Tau are immune to chaos." He'd simply load his bolter, shrug and say "So is the heart of every faithful servant of the God Emperor, and none of them are filthy xeno scum! And how do you know so much about chaos anyway?", then he'd probably put a sacred bolter round in the face of the person who tried to argue the righteousness of the the Tau, just on the off-chance they're a filthy xenos-loving heretic . . .

  3. #103
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    That would be the dumbest plot development ever. It would go against everything that the Imperium and the tone of the entire 40k universe are built on. Suppose one walked up to an Astartes - a genetically and surgically modified, brain-washed engine of death and said "the Tau are immune to chaos." He'd simply load his bolter, shrug and say "So is the heart of every faithful servant of the God Emperor, and none of them are filthy xeno scum! And how do you know so much about chaos anyway?", then he'd probably put a sacred bolter round in the face of the person who tried to argue the righteousness of the the Tau, just on the off-chance they're a filthy xenos-loving heretic . . .
    AAAAH but the rumors go farther.....That the marines are going to separate their selves from the Imperium...if that's the case, well.....the possibilities are there

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post
    AAAAH but the rumors go farther.....That the marines are going to separate their selves from the Imperium...if that's the case, well.....the possibilities are there
    That would be such a massive shift in the narrative that I doubt it even more. Astartes Chapters don't merely "separate" themselves from the rule of the Imperium of Man, not without dire consequences for all; remember the Badab War? The High Lords of Terra, the Ecclesiarchy, the Inquisition . . . These organizations haven't lasted 10,000 years by letting Astartes Chapters merely "opt out" of the whole Adeptus Terra program. I mean if Astartes start pulling that, what's to stop the Mechanicus from pulling out next. It's bad enough when a few Planetary Governors at a time start attempting to go independent or allie themselves with xenos and darker forces, what happens when whole sectors held by Astartes start crumbling. No, unless the theme of 6th edition is "The Imperium falls apart entirely" then I don't buy it.
    Last edited by Bushido; 05-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.

  5. #105
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    That would be such a massive shift in the narrative that I doubt it even more. Astartes Chapters don't merely "separate" themselves from the rule of the Imperium of Man, not without dire consequences for all; remember the Badab War? The High Lords of Terra, the Ecclesiarchy, the Inquisition . . . These organizations haven't lasted 10,000 years by letting Astartes Chapters merely "opt out" of the whole Adeptus Terra program. I mean if Astartes start pulling that, what's to stop the Mechanicus from pulling out next. It's bad enough when a few Planetary Governors at a time start attempting to go independent or allie themselves with xenos and darker forces, what happens when whole sectors held by Astartes start crumbling. No, unless the theme of 6th edition is "The Imperium falls apart entirely" then I don't buy it.
    Don't get me wrong, neihter do I....thus...the enjoyment we get of rumors....and the speculations that come out of the wood work. I for one, am pretty excited. I was excited about 5th....ended up not even playing it.....so here's hoping 6th is at least better than that.

  6. #106

    Default

    I enjoyed 5th very much, it pretty much got me back in to wargaming having been away from it since 2nd ed. I'm going to reserve judgement on 6th until I'm holding it in my hands though.

  7. #107

    Default Tau rumors

    So, having now left Warseer and joined Bell of Lost Souls, I figured I would pop into the rumor thread for my favorite 40k army.

    Just a couple of things to note. There are a few rumor sources noting that Tau will be the last update of 5th ed. This is actually really old rumor as the release time frame for Tau was to be last codex of 5th.

    The murkier bit of this is that several sources who have confirmed this information have also indicated that they haven't seen a codex yet and they are pretty sure that the time frame was pushed out at some point, up to a year in the future.

    As much as I love Tau and would incredibly ecstatic at having a new codex very soon, I actually expect the codex to come out first quarter of 2013 at the earliest and 2nd quarter 2013 at the latest.

    Having it come out then would be highly advantageous for us Tau players. We'd get a book that is more tuned for 6th. We'd get a hardback book. We'd have a higher likelihood of getting Tetras in the codex.

    Anyway, good to be here. Hope you all are having an awesome day!

  8. #108
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meltedwing View Post
    So, having now left Warseer and joined Bell of Lost Souls, I figured I would pop into the rumor thread for my favorite 40k army.

    Just a couple of things to note. There are a few rumor sources noting that Tau will be the last update of 5th ed. This is actually really old rumor as the release time frame for Tau was to be last codex of 5th.

    The murkier bit of this is that several sources who have confirmed this information have also indicated that they haven't seen a codex yet and they are pretty sure that the time frame was pushed out at some point, up to a year in the future.

    As much as I love Tau and would incredibly ecstatic at having a new codex very soon, I actually expect the codex to come out first quarter of 2013 at the earliest and 2nd quarter 2013 at the latest.

    Having it come out then would be highly advantageous for us Tau players. We'd get a book that is more tuned for 6th. We'd get a hardback book. We'd have a higher likelihood of getting Tetras in the codex.

    Anyway, good to be here. Hope you all are having an awesome day!


    Welcome home brother!! HA!

    Yeah all old rumors...and I agree....I'm hoping for Tau for my Birthday this next year.....that's if the Myan calander isn't right...LOL

    Either way...can't wait...I'm building a 6th Edition MEQ list right now....taking it slow....but now thanks to the price hike, put it in gear and bought some stuff up. I also feel Pirahna's are going to get a big increase coming as well as suits....new model's?? Egh......doesn't matter. Would love to see plastic Broadsides....or finecast the least.....

  9. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksoh75 View Post
    Welcome home brother!! HA!

    Yeah all old rumors...and I agree....I'm hoping for Tau for my Birthday this next year.....that's if the Myan calander isn't right...LOL

    Either way...can't wait...I'm building a 6th Edition MEQ list right now....taking it slow....but now thanks to the price hike, put it in gear and bought some stuff up. I also feel Pirahna's are going to get a big increase coming as well as suits....new model's?? Egh......doesn't matter. Would love to see plastic Broadsides....or finecast the least.....
    They found another Mayan calendar that gives us at least another 4000 years. We are fine.

    Tau in early 2013 is good, lets me save some money for them. Especially with the new price bands

  10. #110
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    They found another Mayan calendar that gives us at least another 4000 years. We are fine.

    Tau in early 2013 is good, lets me save some money for them. Especially with the new price bands
    Agreed bro, just hoping anything new will be tings that are "NEW" so that way it won't be too bad....like...give me my Baricuda already.....lol

 

 
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •