BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I'm just hoping the Uber-suit is based on one of the following three Battletech mechs named after an ancient weapon like the rumor said:

[URL="http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Warhammer"]Warhammer[/URL] (with rail gun arms would look ace!)
    [URL="http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Catapult"]Catapult[/URL] (the legs would be right at least, and possibly with huge missile racks)
    [URL="http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Archer"]Archer [/URL](kind of a general all-rounder)

I'm putting my bet on the Warhammer. How could they let the naming homage go...
    I would much rather we had names like this and we could get away from the peculiar fish based designations. I'm not a fan.
    However, I think they will keep with the aquatic them and we will see the likes of Swordfish, Mako, Man O War, Tiger Shark, Squid and a transport called a Sailfish.

Fly Lord

I agree with DrLove42.

The new army doesn't even need units that can win assaults. If even some of those new units can just survive a turn of two, that's enough to base tactics for the rest of the army around.

The problem now is anything that makes it to your lines starts to collapse flanks fast.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

why would demiurg be assault? I thought they like their redonkulous firepower and robots.

I just had a thought.

what if the ubermech's called a "Trident"?

[url]http://www.solaris7.com/TRO/HTMLBattleMech/BattlemechInfo.asp?ID=13325[/url]

Default Uber Suit

My guess would be the mech they are emulating is the Trbuchet. Scads of missiles saturating an area. Just my 2 cents.

oops, just read on warseer via Liberium Online that the ubermech will probably be called the "warhammer" and based off of the Warhammer IIC.

and after piloting the warhammer IIC in-game (mechwarrior 4), it's going to be absolutely brutal.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 12-08-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Between the two, my money would be on the Trebuchet as well - if only because the Catapult is a VERY distinctive mech, and something of a flagship image. Base anything on that and uhmmm... trademark infringement lawsuits, anybody?

Whereas the Treb is a very vanilla mech indeed - no distinctive features whatsoever, not recognizable as anything. This is 'inspiration'?

I don't put any stock in this - there is absolutely nothing about the Treb that says 'Tau', and the only way GM would offer anything in ANY way reminiscient of the Catapult (which does offer a somewhat Tau-ish vibe, IMHO) would be with an ironclad license in perpetuity - whaich GW would not pay for and whoever now holds the copyrights to the Catapult would never offer, given that they're right in the middle of rebooting the tabletop game AND the computer game series.

My two cents. No trolls were intentionally emulated in this post.

Fly Lord

Master Tau Roundup updated. (first post)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Urgh..Cruddace. COuld turn out alright I gues. Now all that I have to wait for is do they do they way of Sisters (screwed into the ground), Nids (passable, but mostly poor) or Guard (uber powerhouse that EVERYONE uses).

Can I have somewhere between Nids and Guard? Awesome, but not played by everyman and his dog

With Cruddace doing Tau, Kelly doing Templars....does that mean Ward is doing Chaos or Eldar? I'm gonna go contraversial here and hope hes got the Chaos book. His random rules would suit chaos a lot
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

So tau get the guy who hates aliens but loves imperium. GREAT. AT least my templars get a decent author I guess. Tho I can hold my breath that cruddance can actually do a better job with tau than nids. tho It seems to be going same way as nid elites just with tau Heavy.

That HQ=Troop thing just seems to be some crap way to make tau unique, here you go, you want to use those firewarriors you bought? must take a crappy insta death etheral. Want to take kroot take the shaper. OH? now u used both hq slots so cant actually take a battlesuit commander? sucks to be u.

/sigh Cruddance

Edit: also Tau getting preffered enemy from etheral? wow thats waaaaay useful since that still means tau die in droves in combat and helps very little. Is that cruddance way of trying to make etherals useful??
    Give us twinlinked.
    Last edited by gcsmith; 12-10-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    For the Greater good.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast