BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    regarding the freeflowing rumours, 2 things come to mind.

1. GW is finally figuring out the internet and how to take advantage of it. OR
    2. We're getting strung along, which ties back into #1.
    ^ That, with five codexes being rumored at minimum 2 are complete bull****. likely 3 with 6th next year.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Tau have recently had a bit of a "shady" background when dealing with their auxiliary races, I'd honestly be very surprised if they suddenly trusted the Demiurg and Kroot enough to have them commanding their own armies. I'd expect Fire Warriors to retain their 1+ requirement for troop organization (btw...are Tau the only army in the game with a unit that's 1+ requirement instead of 0-1 allowed?)
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidum View Post
    The Tau have recently had a bit of a "shady" background when dealing with their auxiliary races, I'd honestly be very surprised if they suddenly trusted the Demiurg and Kroot enough to have them commanding their own armies. I'd expect Fire Warriors to retain their 1+ requirement for troop organization (btw...are Tau the only army in the game with a unit that's 1+ requirement instead of 0-1 allowed?)
    Heck. GW have been getting rid of 0-1 Requirements in all thier army books for awhile now.

I can't even think of a book that still has one.

O.ol
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidum View Post
    I seriously doubt that they will keep the Fire Warrior and Tau Commander 1+ requirement. They've removed them all from the subsequent codecies. It would be odd for them to keep it just for Tau.

And 40K has often been mentioned that this is just one facet of a larger battle, why can't a Master Shaper be in nominal charge of this part of the battlefield? It's not like Fantasy where the "General" actually has any sway in a normal game (currently, 6th may change that). True, they do in more specialized games that local shops put up, but then they can make the Tau Commander requirement as part of the game's comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Heck. GW have been getting rid of 0-1 Requirements in all thier army books for awhile now.

I can't even think of a book that still has one.

O.ol
    Actually, they've kept the 0-1, they just call them Unique now, which is pretty much the same thing.

Fly Lord

Master Rumor Roundup (p.1) updated
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I feel I should point out a couple of posts from Harry taking a more cautious approach to an upcoming Tau release:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fellas ... needless to say, given the amount of contradiction ... much of the first post is inaccurate. Some of that stuff was written before they started writing the book.
    No one has got all the kits right yet.
    I don't think they will be as soon as most folks seem to think given the amount of stuff that seems to be before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Well, thats not true either.
    Obviously something is next.

I think (for what its worth) that there is stuff coming for at least 5 other armies before we see the Tau stuff. (unless they release something in advance of the main release?)

But as you know I don't follow 40K that closely so I could be completely wrong.
    My bold.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I find it interesting that Tau is getting a lot of rumor posts, while armies that are rumored to come out earlier gets none or less. There's many explanations why, I just found it very interesting

Btw, a new Tau codex just needs two things. No bad units and to be different from all the other armies (i.e. play differently). GW's got a massive chance to stir the pot and change which units are good in other codexes by not launching yet another Power Armor codex (if it's good to kill one power armored guy, it's good to kill the rest).

Fly Lord

HUGE Rumor dump via Kirby.

Check the roundup on page 1.

Big items:
    -Tau are next
    -Kelly wrote it

UPDATED: Its a Fake! *shakes fist*
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-10-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

So are we thinking March then for a Tau release?

Battle-Brother

As long as it gets here in time for me to bring it to Wargames Con... I do not care. February, March, April, May is all good... June... too late. I'm hoping for February or March to me.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast