BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Mantis Warrior painting suggestions?

Hey everyone,
    I'm all set to start painting some mantis warriors, I have the models built and undercoated and ready to go, but I have no idea where to start. I am not a great painter to be honest.
    Does anyone have a 'recipe' for how to do the green? I was thinking Knarloc Green as the base colour but I'm not sure what to highlight/shade with. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

The one in the book is knarloc green, black-lined, and highlighted with scorpion green.

Scout

Its the camo scheme that made me decide on Mantis Warriors. So, how to do the Tranquility camo?
    I'm thinking of starting with a base of tausept ochre, then a mix with one of the yellows, highlight withthe same yellow (need to check with mate who's painting Lamenters to ensure they are different enough).

What colour, and how to paint the "pointed leaf" camo bit on this armour?

Brother-Sergeant

Hey firedancer, take a look at your original tranquility camo thread (which I kind of took over... sorry). If you like the tranquility camo on there I can certainly tell you how I did it. Was planning on putting together a tutorial anyway.

I think the thread's been renamed "Gitsplittas Mantis Warriors".