BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default The Last Word vs. Thread Killer

Am I the only one who thinks he/she is a great thread killer? It seems as if I am really good at finding a rollickin' rolling thread with tons of posts and then I, with one measly contribution, shut down the whole thing. There can be a thread trucking along at warp speed -one in which maybe Scag and Witt are mixing it up, or Adramalech's neighborhood has exploded in a ball of flame, or EldarGirl is offering insight and innuendo- and then I bring the whole party to a screechin' halt.

I look at the dead, non-bold topics and see under the last posts:

Drunkencorgimaster
    Drunkencorgimaster
    Drunkencorgimaster
    SuckyPoster89
    Drunkencorgimaster
    LoserDouchebag Warrior
    Drunkencorgimaster
    Drunkencorgimaster
    Immense Idiot
    BoringBob of Super Death World
    Drunkencorgimaster
    Drunkencorgimaster
    Drunkencorgimaster

I suppose I could content myself by saying I got the last word, but somehow that is not comforting. So I guess my question is...am I the only one who experiences this phenomenon? Or do other people feel like they too are from the Temple of Thread Assassins?

This isnt a particulary fast forum. It all likely hood you just posted in thread that people dont care about.

HA! I'm glad it isn't me. I mean, something supportive.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

BoLS has 2 waves of posting - dependant on what time it is on either side of the Atlantic. This should be an Oubliette discussion so we can banter you mercilessly...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

now we just need you to finish a few of the more repetitive arguments in the rules forum and we might be all set :P

with a few exceptions, mostly my own threads, I don't seem to have your problem on here. However, on other forums I've been on in the past I earned that revered title of thread assassin. More often than not by asking an open ended question! Don't worry, it comes and goes. Don't check back for a feew days/a week and I put money on you not being the last word on everything
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

First-Captain

Nah, it's not you.

Mostly likely the conversation has probably run its course, and you just got their right at the end.

Chapter-Master

Murderer.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Beware the perils of Magical Thinking. It's more dangerous than any other logical fallacy, because it has ruined countless millions of lives since the dawn of time.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Thinking[/url]

In essence, no. You have not killed the threads, because honestly? You're just not that important. None of us are. Life is chaos; pure, unadulterated chaos, without rhyme or reason. The only actions you can have any control over are the ones you have actual physical control over (like say, flipping a lightswitch), and even there, your levels of control may be less than you imagine (those of you in the UK who are fans of Derren Brown and have just watched his latest series will know I'm telling the truth).

Magical thinking is, to my mind, a poison humanity would be well rid of, but never will be. Despite that, we should always seek to destroy it utterly when found.

If you want more information, you might want to read these pages:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias[/url]
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic[/url]

Or, if you prefer something with more of an entertainment bias, watch Derren Brown's TV special "The System", where he demonstrates how badly our own personal observations of reality can mislead us into terribly dangerous decisions, as well as why he is basically the real-life version of the Jigsaw Killer from the "Saw" films.

Chapter-Master

hey this happens to me in blog comments all the time :L

captian bUZZKILL TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or you may be threadomancing
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Captain

Oh its totally you!

I mean, after all, you're name is based on an alcoholic dog breed - and the only reason I know that much is because the breed has been mentioned several times on NCIS...

But other then that!

fyi - I am secretly hoping to be the killer of this thread...
    only because I've had the exact same thoughts as the OP!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast