BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Forge World CONTEMPTOR PATTERN DREADNOUGHT BODY

I am in love!

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CONTEMPTOR_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT_BODY.html[/url]

Here are the rules.
    It has some things crossed out saying forbidden. Brilliant!
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/c/Contemptor.pdf[/url]

They imply that this will feature in a new Chaos Space Marine codex.
    Last edited by energongoodie; 07-01-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Abbess Sanctorum

I honestly just don't like that as an SM dreadnought. Just... seems like too much of a break in style. It kinda looks morel ike what you'd expect out of Sisters actually, if it was more ornate.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I was thinking 'oh for heavens sake, another stupid dreadnought' but it is actually quite nice, I do agree with Melissia that is a big break in style though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

I certainly don't find it ugly, but I do think it could use bigger shoulders to make it look more Dreadnoughty. It is a break in style, but it's really not bad, and it is something different. It would make for a distinct addition to a Space Marine army. I'd be tempted to get it myself. It's got a different feel, rather than a seemingly only minor decorative change.

Chapter-Master

Look at the old art. This is how they looked during Heresy and Pre-Heresy. It holds form with the fact that they've been releasing a lot more pre-heresy style wargear.

First-Captain

Just bought one with 2 close combat arms. Can't wait to paint it. It's going to be a furioso in my small Blood Angel army. I shall wait to see what other arms they release before I get some for my Iron Hands.

In truth, I've never really liked the current dreadnought shape ever since it came out. It was bigger and shinier than the rather small originals so it was always going to be bought, but I've never liked it that much.
    This I love.

Ehh, it looks like a pre-heresy dreadnought in the same way a terminator looks like a pre-heresy dreadnought, in my opinion:

Which itself is a relatively recent attempt to re-envision this as something vaguely good looking:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think it's delish!

Not to get all rumoury, but did anyone check that footnote at the bottom of the rules PDF, where it mentions that until a variant comes out in a forthcoming book, you can use it in a CSM army?

Chaplain

Yep Pre-Heresy! Check out Heresy Visions. I gotta get me one of these!
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

Read the what army's its allowed for, thats got to be a big hint, at a chaos variant coming.

Personally i like it you can see its a giant space marine and is more developed than the current ones.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast