BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Even if 6th was in August, That doesn't leave alot of room for Fantasy Releases....

O.o
    Except that is just an order, with no timescale. Say that's over the next 2 years, maybe 3? I can fully believe that, based on the amount of time Blood Angels spent with a WD codex. GW still won't have a fixed release date for anything but the next codex. They will have a rough idea of what they are going to release over the next three years, for all three systems, but have always been very flexible with their time scales because of the creative nature of their work. They don't like to publicise a release date until everything is ready to ship (bar mass producing Finecast items and some plastic sprues, for stock management/storage reasons, mostly financial) because when they have in the past, and then something has gotten delayed they have had masses of complaints.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Banned

Add to that the release of a new edition totally frags the release schedule for all their other lines as well. When Fantasy 8th came out last year, there was 'Nids, Blood Angels, and Dark Eldar. This year there has been Grey Knights and Necrons. But I can totally see a good Fantasy schedule coming out in that.

Jan - VC
    Feb - BT
    Mar - Empire/Dwarfs
    Apr- Model waves/Tau
    May - Dwarfs/Empire
    Jun - Model waves
    July - 40K 6th
    Aug - Model Waves
    Sep - 40K 6th Starter Kit
    Oct - Fantsay
    Nov - Chaos Legions

Or something like that.

See, that sounds reasonable ... except ... the first codex after 6th edition WILL be Space Marines. It always is. So, again, I'm wrestling with where Chaos Legions goes. There just seems to be too much talk of both it and a Chaos resurgence in 6th for it to be missing next year. It just does not seem to jive.

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Except that is just an order, with no timescale.
    We do. 6th is stated for a july/Aug release. That would mean two 40k books with-in 6 mounths.

At most I would assume 1 40k book and 1 fantasy book. Maby a 3rd book, witch I assume would be Fantsey.
    =U

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Add to that the release of a new edition totally frags the release schedule for all their other lines as well. When Fantasy 8th came out last year, there was 'Nids, Blood Angels, and Dark Eldar. This year there has been Grey Knights and Necrons. But I can totally see a good Fantasy schedule coming out in that.

Jan - VC
    Feb - BT
    Mar - Empire/Dwarfs
    Apr- Model waves/Tau
    May - Dwarfs/Empire
    Jun - Model waves
    July - 40K 6th
    Aug - Model Waves
    Sep - 40K 6th Starter Kit
    Oct - Fantsay
    Nov - Chaos Legions

Or something like that.
    If I recall GW only releases like. 3 books per system ever year. SOMETIMES they go as high as 4, but not very often.

By that list your expecting 3 Fantsey Books, and 2 40k books with-in a 6 mouth period?
    O____o

That would be like... Almost a Year of releases with-in a 6 month period. You might want to curb your expectations...
    Last edited by Lockark; 11-21-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

We do. 6th is stated for a july/Aug release. That would mean two 40k books with-in 6 mounths.
    I think you may have misunderstood my meaning. I was simply saying that eldargirl's list was simply an order for the 40k codex releases, rather than a complete list of everything being released in order and with the time scale, so throw in 6th Ed and the fantasy releases.

As for th idea that C:SM is always the first codex released; well, it has always been the main side in the starter box set (Alway more points and the more powerful force than the opposing bad guys). If the rumours of the starter set being Chaos Legions vs Eldar turn out to be true, wouldn't the larger, more powerful force in that set (my money being CL) make more sense as the first codex of 6th Ed, with the other being one of the last of 5th (as Orks were in 4th/5th cross over)?
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzigum View Post
    See, that sounds reasonable ... except ... the first codex after 6th edition WILL be Space Marines. It always is. So, again, I'm wrestling with where Chaos Legions goes. There just seems to be too much talk of both it and a Chaos resurgence in 6th for it to be missing next year. It just does not seem to jive.
    Some of the rumors do not have Ultramarines in the Starter Set, but has Chaos Marines instead. And just because something has "always" been does not mean it can't change.

Another 6th Edition rumor says the storyline is supposed to emphasize Chaos more. Don't get me wrong, Space Marines will be in the starter, and the first codex out for 6th. But there's a lot of noise that it won't be the base codex, but Chaos Legions.

But that's a long time from now, and GW brass could change their mind.

At most I would assume 1 40k book and 1 fantasy book. Maby a 3rd book, witch I assume would be Fantsey.
    =U
    Actually, that would be standard fare for the top half of the year for the last 3 years to have 1-2 40K books and 1-2 Fantasy books. I know I just pointed out that trends don't mean anything, but that doesn't mean that baby has to go with the bath, either. And that includes when Fantasy went to 8th.

If I recall GW only releases like. 3 books per system ever year. SOMETIMES they go as high as 4, but not very often.

By that list your expecting 3 Fantsey Books, and 2 40k books with-in a 6 mouth period?
    O____o

That would be like... Almost a Year of releases with-in a 6 month period. You might want to curb your expectations...
    Yeah, it's intensely optimistic. But we've had quite a bit come out this year. Who knows how much they have on back burner that's just waiting for bean counters and suit-ties to approve the go-ahead.

Battle-Brother

It's actually generally 2 books then the next year three books, and back and forth... at least for 40K. We'll get 3 books in 2012.

I think the only thing that people are assuming is that space marines (ultramarines) are getting a book immediately after the edition. I think with all the other "big" marine books, marines get a new book every year in general, so there isn't a need to re-do the ultramarine book. I understand that it "has always been done". We have heard nothing about any update about ultramarines at all. Also the rumors seem to indicate black templars vs. chaos from what I see. I think Charistoph has it about right, with a little wiggle room there on a month to month level. BT's/Tau/Chaos Legion/Eldar(2013).

Also at this point BT's are the oldest book, followed by Tau. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I think they want to go ahead and update BT's, who rules wise are way outside of all the current marines.

Veteran-Sergeant

i don't know what the releases will be but as far as past codexs go it seems to go imperial xenos imperial xenos and so on. Only change to that was the release of an imperial guard one between two marine releases so i would be suprised if they change it now after so much consistancy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12