BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Pre Heresy a mix Legions

This started out as a simple conversion project many moons ago when the whole "true scaling" and "pre heresy" ideas were starting to buzz round the forums.

There has been much kit bashing and many parts bought and scrounged (plus much swearing as FW brought out their own versions)

The idea was to make a squad to represent each of the "traitor" Legions before they turned traitor, based on the artwork of the Horus Heresy books (so some of the fluff is quite as fluffy as it should be).

Here is a few pics of the models so far

The colour schemes are still mostly work in progress, I have put a few notes with each picture.

Iron Warriors

Im pretty happy with these guys. I havent coloured the pauldrons black as from a lot of the art work I have looked at it seems to be a post heresy thing

World Eaters

I love these guys-they just look ready to cause serious death and destruction.

Emperors Children

Im very happy with how these guys are progressing (I have only done a picture of one for clarity)

Death Guard

These were quite difficult to get right, so they didnt lookm to clean and bright but at the same time didnt look like they were rusting to bits)

There is also a squad of Thousand sons and Alpha legion painted up with a squad of Sons of Horus and Word Bearer Terminators and a Night Lords assault Squad

I will post some more pics if anyone is interested...

Beautiful work! Care to share how you converted some of these older mark armors?
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

great work on the models really like the world eaters they look fantastic

Chaplain

Nice work on the sqauds and more pics please. Again great work. BA83