BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Battle mats for 40k

Hey all, I was just watching the BoLS battle report 106 [URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/10/40k-battle-report-sisters-of-battle-vs.html"]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/10/40k-battle-report-sisters-of-battle-vs.html[/URL]. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a battle mat like what they were playing on? It looks pretty good.

That looks like one of Sabol Designs HD mats.

Veteran-Sergeant

im not to sure what one it is but i could recommend [url]www.zuzzy.com[/url] they have great textured battle mats

Veteran-Sergeant

I was looking at those zuzzy ones. Them look amazing. And trying to find the Sabol ones is near impossible, since they are now OOP.

Battle-Brother

yeah thats a sabol mat. We sell a topper that i pretty cool you should check it out on our website frontlinegaming.org.
    www.frontlinegaming.org
    Painting Service/ Discount hobby supplies/ Podcast/ Video battle reports.

Brother-Sergeant

Obviosly not the same, nor nearly as rollable and what not but.....

What I did for my table...

I have a forest/plains type modular board, I gathered up a few differant battlemats GW ect.. to cover differant terrain types.

The neet one is I found some "natural ground" looking Linolium and got a 6X4 sheet of it for one of the surfaces.. it has embossed rocks and "grit" on it very much like the matt in those BR. Its obviosly got some drawbacks.. Stiffer, Heavier ect..

But its a realy good surface to play on, looks cool models move around on it nicely....

I make all kinds of stuff myself, I just cant pay for anything that isnt a building (I hate making buildings) but i love making terrain....