BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemnex View Post
    . Is he doing anything for you other than keeping it dark out, striking things down with his nasty storm and allowing the easier sieze?
    Does he have to do anything else?

I don't think you need to do the Scarab Conga line and you don't need to make 9 Scarab bases a turn. I found 2 squads of 10 came in at a fair price backed by the ability to make 2 more a turn didn't really cost me too much and added me lots of flexibilty.
    Relying on just scarabs and spyders might not be viable when the cat gets out of the bag, but who knows? I really think Immotek makes the list and it seems like he'll work with almost any Necron army.

Battle-Brother

So Brymm i have a list I was hoping you could take a look at.. I am not a big fan of the whole scarab spam stuff but I can understand that Scarabs are a vital asset to my army. I currently have one 10 base unit in my list with about 344 points left to use... I will shoot you a PM with the list as not to highjack your thread.

I don't know if the cat is gonna come out of the bag for a while. I dont know how many people have joined in on the crons with the new codex. Surely more. I did. In my opinion 1- I think people don't like them generally so they wont bone up. 2- I dont think there are enough cron players for people to start retooling their lists against this. Until they meet somebody with scarabs and get hammered. Either way I think people are so in love with mech they'll resist. 3- If guys start to win with Scarab Farm enough at tournaments players will have to include more infantry to try and stop them or disembark premature.

That would change the game. Then cron players could change their lists while others chase. There are alot of interesting things in this codex ( bouncing eldritch lance crypteks around, Orikan and C'tan ).

Just some of my thoughts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123