BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Phantoms

Brother-Sergeant

I'm aware of none, but I'm not too deep into the 40k scene of Munich yet (since I've been studying here, it was mainly busy times), and maybe I can change something about that.

Brother-Sergeant

So, I've made up my mind about the HQ choice for the first 1k points, and decided to not go for Androcles because I can't quite make sense of a Captain at this point level. So it'll be a Chaplain for starters, leading an Assault Squad for sure. First thought was that he'd be one of the three or four models I'd have to buy for starters... but then I had a moment of girlfriend-induced enlightment.

her, looking over my shoulder why I browse online stores: "So... it's one of those Space Marine folks, with lots of ornamental detail, a skull head, an eagle club, a skull shoulderpad, and a jump pack."

me, not really listening: "Yeah. Why?"

her: *looks over to the tower of boxes full of plastic Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine, Fantasy and other bits*

me: "Oh."

So, this is what I came up with. If he looks a little bit back-heavy to you, don't worry, he's supposed to stand on a collapsed wall, so it'll be balanced out.

On a different note, a cheaply improvised Multi Melta Marine for one of those squads:

So, costs for the army so far (including models, materials, paint): still at zero. Browsing for cheap Rhinos right now.

I really like those. I love the adventurous conversions people do on here, its a hobby in its self.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Initiate

Talking

i like it the mix of blue and grey gives it a striking image well done

Battle-Brother

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    I really like those. I love the adventurous conversions people do on here, its a hobby in its self.
    Agreed. Good job, Ithmaril. Nice conversions.

Battle-Brother

Im curios, what did u use for the head?
    Im trying to convert a chaplain to, but i have no idea for the skull helmet.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks a lot for the positive reception, people.

Bung: It's a variant head from the WHFB Chaos Warriors sprue. I also toyed around with the thought of using the variant skull Khorne Berzerker head with the bunny ears off, but it was to recognizable for my taste.

Battle-Brother

The chappie looks great. My question is where did you get the double headed eagle for his crozius?

Brother-Sergeant

My best guess is that it came with a plastic command squad box (standard, apothecary, captain, champion...) , 4th edition- but I'm not so sure anymore, because it's all from one of my unassorted bits boxes now. It definitly was a single piece of accessory detail though, to glue onto the back pack I guess. Hope that helps.

Battle-Brother

Thx im not so well with the fantasy stuff, im a strictly 40k player

This double Eagle comes in the plastic command squad Box, its one of the tops for the standard or for the Backpack.

I think i will get some fantasy chaoswarriors for conversions.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast