BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Phantoms

Brother-Sergeant

Here's a summarizing update of what I did in the meantime.

WIP libby for the 2010 FB motivational challange. He's due to be finished today, but I'm kinda stuck painting him... Guess I'll just have to get it done, even if it's not fun.

... so, for motivational purposes, I've done a 1k pts. army shot of my Phantoms, to see what I've gotten done so far, and what's left to finish. Finally, I'm painting an army that looks decent with camera flash. Hooray!

Currently, I'm hellbent on finishing the infantry this month, and waiting for my army painter grey primer in order to paint the tanks in February.

Nice work! I really like the flesh look.

How did you do the face on the sgt?

Brother-Sergeant

Both times Dwarf Flesh and Devlan Mud in different quantities, highlighted more or less with the former and some white. As far as I can remember. Thanks, glad you like.

So, here's the Libby. Not one hundred percent happy with how he came out, kinda had to rush it and made some dumb mistakes. But he's done, I've made the 40k radio freebootaz challange deadline, and I'm glad to have given a classic model some deserved love.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

Awesome work!
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks again!

So, update time. Those were quite a pain to finish off.

I had them in my basement thickly painted and varnished, in poses I seriously didn't like, but there's no one to blame for that. They didn't take the brake fluid well- Some surfaces got rough and many details stayed damaged by thick paint and excess glue. Finally, they had to be party converted and all painted, but I sure wasn't enjoying it, and it shows when compared to the rest of my troops. But, oh well, the first batch you see above turned out okay and definitly tabletop-worthy, and I'm even quite fond of the Sergeant I converted out of one of them. I think now that I saw they do look decent, the remaining 4 wno't be as much of a frustrating task.

Step by step, closing in on my 1k points!

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking good there.
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Librarian

I agree the sargeant does look good too but, the idea of a Purity seal on a power fist is... questionable.

They're lookin' great regardless.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by person person View Post
    I agree the sargeant does look good too but, the idea of a Purity seal on a power fist is... questionable.

They're lookin' great regardless.
    You see, now that you mention it... you're completely right. Actually, "utter nonsense" would be more fitting.

Maybe I'll refit him later. Thanks for pointing it out.

Veteran-Sergeant

you could take off the parchment as tho its been torn off in combat.
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast