BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He used to only do painting articles. But once he started doing 'what I think' articles... And then the comic started, and at first most people liked it, but after some fubars he started getting more and more flak. To the point where it is now where it's just 'ohhhh goatboy...'

Chapter-Master

He did painting articles?

Huh... interesting.

www.queencityguard.com

A blank white page with the words "Grey Knights" or "Counts-As" could troll BoLS. It's not like you have to try very hard.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by _Ian View Post
    He used to only do painting articles. But once he started doing 'what I think' articles... And then the comic started, and at first most people liked it, but after some fubars he started getting more and more flak. To the point where it is now where it's just 'ohhhh goatboy...'
    At first people liked it... Which comic were you reading? Anyhow Goaty seems to have turned from cheeze 'n' spam to 'take-latest-army-give-goat-pun-theme' and this is a step forward.

He is far better a contributor than 'The girl' who is the most biased inconsistent moderator I have ever encountered - she reminds me of the witch in Harry Potter who makes him torture himself with a cursed quill.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Goatboy is a very no-nonsense competitive player, who still gets that it's a game at the end of the day. He slaps some Goat heads on thows bad boys and he's good to go!

This brushes alot of people the wrong way because they either think he doesn't take the game seriously enough, or that he's a WAAC player.

I find his advice isn't the good, because he doesn't address or realy acknowledge the idea of Local Meta games being different from the "internet meta game." This realy is the most serious criticize you could level ageist his articles. I rarely read his tactical articles for said reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AbusePuppy View Post
    A blank white page with the words "Grey Knights" or "Counts-As" could troll BoLS. It's not like you have to try very hard.
    Oh god yes.
    Last edited by Lockark; 12-01-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I think that he knows how much some of his articles wind up the BoLS crew, yet carries on regardless. All the more power to him. But in that respect i suppose he is trolling as he refers to how much nerd rage he gets in some of his comics.

Better him than me, i wouldn't still be able to make articles with such comments

Default Am I a troll?

I doubt it as I don't constantly comment on anything to push people to getting mad. I don't really want people to get mad. It isn't healthy and really - it is just a game. And for tactics- look the game is getting long in the tooth - if you don't know some basics by now I am not going to help you with anything I say. There are a lot more in depth writers that do a better job (3++) as they have the ability to create something much more in depth. I for the most part write editorials. Love it or hate it that is what my role has become at BOLS. Which is fine - as really I just like talking about the hobby in whatever direction my brain likes to take me too.

On the comic - look it is for fun. If you don't like it - awesome. I draw it and Wyatt writes it. I think the art is pretty good a lot of the time which is better then a lot of comics out there art wise. I guess it isn't what everyone wants, which is fine. Wobbly mini is pretty funny and TSOLR had some moments. Still it is a very niche comic and I am trying to push out a bit more in places by just not sticking to one thing. But I am not stopping the comic. No matter how many people seem to want to rip their eyes out, hunt me down, or call me lovely names online.

So am I a troll? I don't think so as I just post what, twice a week and don't jump into the comments to start an internent fight about whatever nonsense is getting someone mad. If you met me you know that I play this game because I like the hobby itself - painting, playing, and conversating. So if you want to give me crap in real life or whatever, go for it. I am just another guy who likes to play with plastic dudesmen on a table top and talk about how cool unit a is to unit b. But again isn't it cool to hate Goatboy?
    Goatboy - BolS Writer/Artist/Commission Miniature Painter/NINJA!!

He doesn;t mean to, but i nthe end, as far as GB is concerned, it counts as trolling.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Goatboy is a very no-nonsense competitive player, who still gets that it's a game at the end of the day. He slaps some Goat heads on thows bad boys and he's good to go!

This brushes alot of people the wrong way because they either think he doesn't take the game seriously enough, or that he's a WAAC player.

I find his advice isn't the good, because he doesn't address or realy acknowledge the idea of Local Meta games being different from the "internet meta game." This realy is the most serious criticize you could level ageist his articles. I rarely read his tactical articles for said reason.
    I'm not sure goaty understands that it IS just a game...

To me, WAAC people treat games as MORE then just a game, and goaty seems to fall into that trap.

I don't thing GW games shouldn't even be played by 'no-nonsense competitive players' the game just isn't 'fair' enough to do that, and ends up not being fun.

And yes, I've stopped reading almost all BOLS tactical suggestion, (I still skip for pics) they're either too much of table top 101, IE target priority, or spam the OP unit. But when a writer starts every paragraph with 'LOOK'...I just stop paying attention, period.

And if goaty is trolling on purpose - the end results just don't be good for bols.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Occuli Imperator

Wow, an entire thread about a writer trolling the company they work for?

Under this same premise Anderson Cooper Trolls CNN, Jim Cramer Trolls CNBC, and John Stewart trolls Comedy Central.

This thread is ridiculous...asking if an employee is trolling their workplace. Come on.

You don't have to like his articles or his comic, but nobody forces you to come here and read anything.

Threads like this are what is wrong with the hobby, not his comic. he is a player doing what he enjoys and sharing it on the net with seemingly likeminded individuals and the hobby is better for it. If you don't like his articles don't read them. If you think you can make a better blog than BoLS then try it, even if you fail the hobby will be better for it because you got out there.

long story short, it is cool to hate the Goat but seriously, stop and as Ghandi said "be the change you wish to see in the world." Stop complaining and do something, write your own comic...Start your own blog... run your own GT and when you're done hopefully you will have a little more empathy for those in the trenches of unpaid labors of love with you.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast