BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

No disrespect Duke, but I think you missed the point of the thread.

I should have clarified: I'm asking if goaty trolls the readership, merely to generate MORE site traffic.

And I personally feel that IF that's the case, its very bad for the hobby was a whole, especially because he has given the impression of being a WAAC player.
    Last edited by Lord Azaghul; 12-01-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Default Nope - I just write what is getting talked about

Sometimes it is discussion of something bad that needs to be fixed and other times its rumors and other nonsense that might be true or somehow interest me. That is really about it as I write editorials most of the time. The last big comment fest ended up not dealing with what I talked about and just went on and on about how GW is this and that.

But really all I do is chat about the game - whether you like it or not is up to you. Just the same with liking my paint style, art style, or "writing" style. You could say that Darkwynn's last post was much more trolling then the stuff I write about - but again that is his style of discussion.
    Goatboy - BolS Writer/Artist/Commission Miniature Painter/NINJA!!

Chapter-Master

i just think that goatboy dosnt give a fudge.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Shas'o

Default No he is not a troll.

I used to think Goatboy was a troll until I had a long discussion in the disqus with him and it turns out I don't hate him I actually like the guy. (Crazy right) Turns out he is just a fun loving guy with a nerdy sense of humor and damn I love him for it.

If anyone is a troll it's the people who keep going back to his stuff that they know they're not going to like. Really the front page of BoLS catches all the trolls that's why I would rather discuss things here in the lounge since we have an outstanding group of fun loving individuals here and minimum trolls. (Thanks Duke, and personally I think John Stewart is a troll)

I might not care for Goatboys articles but Goatboy the guy I would throw dice with.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Default Trollie troll troll

It is hard to get a person personality just out of articles that are written, "editted" and then read without any way to get how I am saying it. I don't take myself seriously - this is a plastic model wargame. If I did then my wife would put me a few pegs down hah. As well as my friends. This game is about having fun and getting out of the house. If somehow I am upsetting people so much that they are not looking at this as a game - then people need to think about why they even waste their money on this stuff.

I play this as it is a social exchange and isn't just me sitting in front of a computer, clicking a mouse, and collecting the most digital bytes I can. Not that doing that is wrong - it is just not for me and this game covers what I like - cool design, cool models, artistic direction, and a somewhat ok set of rules that we all can play. I hope 6th does a good job of creating a new environment that we all have to relearn and enjoy. Will see.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GoatboyBOLS View Post
    It is hard to get a person personality just out of articles that are written, "editted" and then read without any way to get how I am saying it. I don't take myself seriously - this is a plastic model wargame. .

Thanks for the response goaty....that was majorly why I was asking (not to troll or counter troll)...the internet is hard to place to interprate someones intentions unless you actually know them.

One small favor, can you leave 'Look' out of the next few articles! Thanks
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Default Now Look

I agree haha - I noticed it after I wrote it and have strived to drop it as much as I can. I am sure I will find another word I can spam .

Monday's article is me building a Necron list. I don't think they suck - have stepped back from my initial lack of investment in the codex and thanks to reading other people's thoughts I think the book is going to be an interesting one for the game. Will see what the FAQ does for the army - I feel most rules will not really change the power level - just how you play the army. I still think it is an interesting - shorten the game type of army - ie making you pay attention to something for 2 - 3 turns and thus limiting your opponent from having the time to actually keep you from winning. Still will see.

What about "neat"? Can it be dropped from the next set of model reviews?

Default Hahahah

I will try my best!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoatboyBOLS View Post
    On the comic - look it is for fun. If you don't like it - awesome. I draw it and Wyatt writes it. I think the art is pretty good a lot of the time which is better then a lot of comics out there art wise. I guess it isn't what everyone wants, which is fine. Wobbly mini is pretty funny and TSOLR had some moments. Still it is a very niche comic and I am trying to push out a bit more in places by just not sticking to one thing. But I am not stopping the comic. No matter how many people seem to want to rip their eyes out, hunt me down, or call me lovely names online.
    I really enjoy your art, actually. I get very confused though, because your artistic talent doesn't, to me, seem to translate to the minis your paint. Why is that?

This is intended as a serious question that I'd love to get an answer to, as I didn't really expect you to post something in the forum.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast