BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Interceptor squads? good combos?

So I had a brain spark for the admech army, convert up some hellion skyboards as admech drones as interceptors. I'm thinking five to start with as a Rapid reaction Anti-tank team. so my question is this, what do you guys run on your interceptors?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Default I like them alright

Good in a Draigo style wing - as it gives you some much needed reach. Dreadknights fit in there two but I usually run an Inceptor squad like so.

10 Inceptor Jerks
    2 Psycannons
    Psybolt
    Daemon Hammer X 1

That is expensive but it gives you a good mini unit to jump around and do stuff. The strength 5 allows you to push some tanks in the butt if need be especially if you combat squad the unit. What does the rest of the army look like? I really want to do an Admech army - but I have to pick a book first.
    Goatboy - BolS Writer/Artist/Commission Miniature Painter/NINJA!!

Here's the 2000 list, Going to 2500 ('ard boys) I want to get the Drone squad in and a unit of terminators. Terminators won't have much conversions to them, just Painted grey with admech symbols.
    HQ
    Coteaz [100]

Elite
    Techmarine[140][ OSR]
    Techmarine[140][ OSR]
    Vindicare Assasin [145]

Troops
    Warband[205][5 Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3 Jokaero, Chimera, HK missile]
    10 Grey Knights [295][Daemon Hammer, Halbred, 2 Psycannons, Rhino]
    10 Grey Knights [295][Daemon Hammer, Halbred, 2 Psycannons, Rhino ]

Heavy Support
    Psyfleman [135]
    Psyfleman [135]

Total: 2000

and some of my conversions so far.
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=18412[/url]

Rhino

Justicar

Jokaero

Grey Knights
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 12-01-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoatboyBOLS View Post
    Good in a Draigo style wing - as it gives you some much needed reach. Dreadknights fit in there two but I usually run an Inceptor squad like so.

10 Inceptor Jerks
    2 Psycannons
    Psybolt
    Daemon Hammer X 1
    I've been using this unit lately (I've taken to master-crafting the hammer) to regularly game winning effect. They tend to die, but whether they're blocking an opponent's movement/charge, contesting objectives, or rapidly redeploying to mess with your opponent's plans they are almost my favorite unit in the codex. A bit too weak in CC to be my absolute favorite, but I have never regretted taking them. I wish there was a way to make them actual troops, so I could take some paladin/terminators and a unit or two of these guys and be done with it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Interceptor squads are also amazing for certain Coteaz lists. use them to be your power armor annoyance.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

So don't even try to go the five man route?

Chapter-Master

Nope, too fragile and you can't hide them in Rhinos. And since they have a GKSS statline, if you're going to get into combat you need the numbers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

well that sucks.