BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Necron Doom Blade

So with my 3 Night / Doom Scythe completed I decided to work on a Doom Blade gonig to make 2 squads of them so here is my first completed and primed Doom Blade. Enjoy

Veteran-Sergeant

I like it!

Veteran-Sergeant

very nice mate looking good hope you post pics when its painted

Can you post the bits you used? I have thought long and hard about what I want to make mine out of and any insight would be appreciated. I thought of using extra shields from the Lychguard set on the sides. Let me know!

Veteran-Sergeant

i like it but to me it kinda seems like the guy would fall out the front because he i leaning forward too much. other than that i think it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by snikrot View Post
    i like it but to me it kinda seems like the guy would fall out the front because he i leaning forward too much. other than that i think it is great.
    Yeah I thought so too but looking at the codex it "almost" seems as if they are in that position leaning forward ..also it looks like they have no FACE?..lol

Initiate

Thumbs up Good work man!

The only thing i don't like about it, is that the base is too big, i would have made it smaller and it is the best conversion i have ever c'n.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BobSaget View Post
    The only thing i don't like about it, is that the base is too big, i would have made it smaller and it is the best conversion i have ever c'n.
    The base looks like the standard Jetbike base, I reckon the smaller bases GW sell would look way too small. I agree about the best conversion I've seen for the doom blades. My friend who plays necrons is still deciding whether they're any good or not.

Initiate

Every jetbike but the reavers uses the large base. That conversion looks good and i do admit, it does look like he may fall out of it, but thats how the pic in the book looks. My tomb blades are much different, i went with a Reaver jetbike and modeled it from there, but my army is being converted anyway. Necrocs! Also, i found that the particle beamer is a good choice. Sure just about everything can make a save against it, but all the hits they can do at BS 5. ^-^

Scout

very cool!