BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New forge world - Contemptor autocannon arms, rapier & minotaur pads

Contemptor autocannon arms - grey knights players will love em. The pair are roughly the same price as the aegis line

More classics - The return of the rapier - nice but pricey

Minotaur pads - meh, I like the ox skulls instead of human skulls on the termies though

Thows Auto Cannon arms are sexy. Are you able to put them on Chaos Contemptors?

(Have not had a chance to order the the new Imperal Armour Apoc.)
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

The return of the Rapier is much rejoiced!

The Contemptor autocannon arms however are simply upsized DKoK Heavy Stubbers, which, while cool, look a little silly if you're used to the DKoK weapons.

Rapier. That's straight out of the old adeptus mechanicus lists.....
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Don't you go make us all super hopeful now.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Don't you go make us all super hopeful now.
    hey, all I know is where it's from, it's legacy is of the mechanicus, whether that points to them actually starting work on a codex or not, I don't know.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Librarian

The Rapier was one of (if not) my favourite Imperial Guard support units back in the day. The new version is quite lovely, and the rules are surprisingly good too.

I don't think they were specifically Mechanicus. They were Imperial Army first of all, and only got attached to the Mechanicus in 2nd edition, for all of that two page "codex" in the Black Codex.

Now I should be able to paint up my old rapier and use it. And think of getting some more.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

i now know what my christmas monies is going to

p.s. i just thought that a raipeir could be easily made out of a FW epic LR and some lascannons, or the cyclops drone that FW sells!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Sergeant

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought can not take the pair, in fact only the Mortis Contemptor in IA Apoc 2nd Ed, can take a pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast