BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eldar Rumours

Personally, I'm thinking we'll see War Walkers move from Heavy Support to Fast Attack. I know they aren't speedy but the scout move/outflank means they have a great deal of flexibility for deployment. Besides, they are essentially IG Sentinels with another gun and far fewer wargear options.

The only slot to me that is overcrowded is Heavy Support. I can't remember the last time I took an Eldar army that didn't have 3 heavy support choices (lately it's a night spinner and 2 prisms). Most of the Eldar Fast Attack is lackluster or superfluous given the mobility of the rest of the book. Vypers aren't any faster than Falcons, they just have less firepower and armor. Elites have stiff competition but I rarely fill out elite slots in an army.

Eldar troops need some love though. Avengers are largely the only viable option since defenders you are buying a gun with ablative armor, rangers are too static, storm guardians are okay but only get a single special weapon, and jetbikes are acceptable if you can take a decent number of them... otherwise they are free kill points.

While I'm wishlisting a bit, it would be nice to see a cheap option for transportation. I don't care if it's a webway or an open topped vehicle really, as long as I can get units from point A to B and cost no more than 80-90 points.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Scout

This is going back a ways.... But I'd like to see the Ghostwarriors again. Although with the 'wraith' rules they'd have to be a farseer bodyguard function as opposed to the stealth units they were originally.

But that's just a sideline wish list. Kind of like robots for IG... ~.^

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Their psychic powers are used to actively attack/defend, where the Farseer's abilities are about manipulating fate and outcomes.In Path of the Seer for example, Thirianna has to make the conscious decision to switch from the Path of the Warlock to the Path of the Seer.
    Incorrect. You've read Path of the Seer, yet forget that Thirianna the Farseer still has access to all her destructive Warlock abilities and uses them plenty. As a Warlock, she still trains with Runes to see the Skein.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGrim View Post
    Incorrect. You've read Path of the Seer, yet forget that Thirianna the Farseer still has access to all her destructive Warlock abilities and uses them plenty. As a Warlock, she still trains with Runes to see the Skein.
    She's also capable of donning her War Mask despite not being on the Path of the Warrior. Half the point of the Paths is that the skills mastered on one Path follow an Eldar, at least to some extent, for life. It's the same way former Aspect Warriors become Storm Guardians instead of Guardian Defenders.

Regardless, none of that contradicts my original point in response to Alessander, or what the codex says-- the Path of the Warlock is a distinct Witch Path, not just a linear point on the path to becoming a Farseer. It's also why their armors are kept in the Aspect shrines instead of the Dome of Seers. It wouldn't really make sense from a fluff standpoint, especially given as prevalent as Warlocks are in the current codex, to make them an HQ only choice as effectively a weaker Farseer.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 12-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.

While I'm extremely excited about my two favorite armies getting updates relatively soon (CSM and Eldar), I've come to accept that my pipe dream for the possibility of an all harlequin army is pretty much dead wit hthe DE book. It's one of the things I miss about Rogue Trader, the flexibillity to sort of do what you want. I'd hoped before DE came out that somehow GW would find their way to creating an option for an all Harlie army, some special character that allows you to put more in your army or some such. I realize that with no change to them in the DE codex, they're going to stay a sideshow to the overall Eldar themes.

Looking forward to seeing what the new stuff is, especially the aspect warriors!

Chapter-Master

Youi could just play with the old Harlie codex still in your gaming group.

with rumours of solitaire....things might get easier soon
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I'd at one time considered a counts as of sorts to do all harlies but it hardly seems worth the effort! Part of that is because I still enjoy the non harlie troops and it would just distract me from those!

Eitherway I'm excited to see how the Eldar develope for this upcoming edition!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Solitaire would be great, obviously. This was speculated on when the Solitaire mysteriously dissapeared from IA11.
    The Solitaire was going to be in Imperial Armour 11: Doom of Mymeara?! Since when? =O

Chapter-Master

He was in the book when it was previewed at the FW open day back in March of this year. Somewhre between there and GD he kicked the bucket.

He was (as far as I remember) a 0-1 HQ, made one unit of Quins troops. Was a scary badass in combat, and could take a Vortex Grenade in Apoc games for 75pts
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345