I was first introduced to Risk just roughly a few months ago and loved it. However, I have some of the same quarrels that other ppl have...

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Plague Marine View Post
This game was banned in our share house as it started several world wars! I loved it though and never took it personally as others did.
this. One player in my group says "Risk brings out the worst in people". Not necessarily true, but like another poster said - it does reveal things about a person. We have 4 core players. Me and another are super competitive. 1 is passive and thoughtful. and 1 is just...not smart lol. Sounds about right in other aspects of life for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1988 View Post
Risk is one of those games for me that all the players get too exasperated or too aggravated to finish.
this too! I don't think we've actually ever finished a game lol. We always call it early as we run out of time (some games have taken over 4 hrs...and weren't finished) or we just admit defeat after some discouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuawesome View Post
you guys heard of risk legacy?

[url]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/22/cardboard-children-risk-legacy/[/url]

writing on the board? tearing up cards?
INSANITY!
Yeah, my other friend plays Risk Legacy and I sooooo want to play it... will have to try some time.