BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Chaos Wishlisting

So with rumours of a new chaos codex in the works what are your guy's wishlists for a new codex? Apart from the obvious shoutings of MORE VARIETY!

Personally I would like Psychic defence to be standard on all sorcerers, but instead of stopping a spell cast within 24", just causing an automatic Perils attack. I can see the Sorcerers being too arrogant to actually stop the spell (they have given their lives to chaos and have received numerous boons).

I would also like to see the profiles of chaos Lords (and on a lesser extent chosen, WS5 & I5?) to be almost over the top. The fluff behind it being that a Lord that has risen to power whilst within the eye of terror for 10,000 years is going to be pretty good in combat. Maybe something like:

WS |BS| S| T| W|I | A| Ld | Sv.
    7 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 6| 4 | 10 | 3+/5++

Obviously starting points would be high, but I can imagine a fully fledged Chaos Lord being nothing short of badass!

The final thing I would really like to see are new daemon engines, I mean I like the defiler but its undivided. It would be awesome to see other daemon engines dedicated to the Chaos Gods to be in the new book. Maybe nerf the Brass Scorpion a bit and other daemon engines.

Anyway, what other things would people want in the new 'dex?

Chapter-Master

Causing auto-perils on any psyker is absurdly good. Most psykers only have 5++ at best, so that rule would basically mean "you get two psychic powers before your Librarian auto-dies". Not even remotely balanced.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

It was only a suggestion, maybe shorten the range, or just make it more likely to perils, any double for example

Mono god armies or big penalties for using things like a lash Prince with Berzerkers, Cult Terminators and God specific vehicles. Sonic weapons on vehicles, more named HQ choices with eternal warrior 10000 years has to count for something doesnt it?
    Last edited by Angel of Rapture; 12-08-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Chapter-Master

The basic cult troops need to be reworked, but more importantly their bonuses need to extend to their other elite units. Cult terminators that are weaker than basic Berzerkers or Plague Marines is stupid.

I think the simplest way to handle the cult situation is to have an HQ with a mark unlock that God's units. You could take units from a different God, but you'd have to take them in a non-scoring slot with limited availability. It's simple, straightforward with no need for complex rules regarding who can take what.

So for example, take a Khorne Lord/Daemon Prince. Berzerkers/Terminator Berzerkers are now moved from Elites to Troops, giving you two cult army troop options. The HQ would also unlock Berzerker jump infantry in Fast Attack slot, and Juggernaughts/Bloodletters in the Elite slots. That gives you five unique cult units that you can create a solid army from, while having a very simple system for regulating who can take those units. You remain fluffy without having to deal with complex rules.

You could apply the same things to each different God as well.

Even better, if you make Daemon Princes expensive and beastly, being 200-300 points, you're not going to have the points to make an effective army with multiple Gods. You'd be spending so many points in your HQ just to unlock units that you wouldn't be able to afford many of said units. But you could still do it if you really wanted to, just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mstingray View Post
    It was only a suggestion, maybe shorten the range, or just make it more likely to perils, any double for example
    Oh, yeah, I like the idea in general. Forcing Perils rather than stopping powers is a good twist on psychic defense. I'd say that a 24" range forcing Perils on doubles would be a fair ability, as long as you can't take say 4 Sorcerers like Space Wolves can do with Rune Priests.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

I like the whole beefing Chaos lords idea. I remember my army-eating 300-point Terminator lord from the last codex with great fondness.
    Cult units are a must, both for dedicated units and squad upgrades. For me, this means letting my terminators take sonic weaponry. While we're on the subject, sonic weaponry needs to go waaay down in points. A single Blastmaster is currently 40 points, which is absolutely ridiculous. You could get a ******* rhino for less.
    The auto-perils concept is an intriguing idea. Maybe if it were activated on a 4+.
    PLASTIC RAPTORS AND DREADNAUGHTS.
    I get that they probably won't be getting certain 'newer' units like Whirlwinds or thunderfire cannons. But in return, how about stuff that would have been around during the Heresy that the Imperium has lost, like advanced plasma weaponry or jetbikes?
    Special characters that a: are worth the points we pay for them and b: do stuff besides kill things in combat, like force org switching or armywide bonuses?

to make it more simple . DP beat stick . big cost , best in hth that is all. lord only dude that unlocks stuff . give option to buy psychic levels if no khorn mark taken .
    casting stuff at chaos should be more dangerouse . chaos player can force a re-roll of a single psychic die . if tzeench 2.

NM cost unchanged . sonic weapons build in . EC cost more then GK with sb and ammo upgrade but get no psychic power or force weapons .

a Lt lvl HQ , this one should be able to give a single unit buffs [something like want tank hunter well your 140pts dude with death screamer has to sit with the havocks for that] etc.

But to be honest , unless JJ reprints his 3ed dex as our new one , nothing GW does can make the new dex worse then the Gav one. they cant even mess up the fluff . Even Ward fluff would be an improvment.

Librarian

Plague Zombies!!!! Please!!!

Chapter-Master

You realize the 10000 years isn't typically anywhere close to 10000 years yeah? Most of the fluff suggests that 2-3 days in the warp could potentially amount to 200-300 years in real time. There's no concrete time, and while they are older than most other marines, the chaos lords certainly aren't 10000 years old.

I'd like to see god specific armies become viable and, quite frankly, the way forces are typically created as opposed to all the chaos undivided we see now.

www.queencityguard.com

Well I want to be able to see viable mono-god armies, I don't want to see mixed god armies punished/Not be able to be done anymore.

It should be something like if you take a marked HQ, cult units of that god get bonuses. Having a Emperor's Children Chaos lord gives bonuses to your noise marine units.

Then to flip that if you have a undivided lord, you should get different "perks". Bassicly each perk unlocks different Chaos Legions/war-bands.

That why you can still represent something like a World Eater's Warband that has picking up Rubric Marines or Noise marine mercenaries or something.
    =3
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast