BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic

So, SW:TOR early access starts on the 13th with the full release a week after that. Any BoLSlets going to be playing? I shalll be, pre-ordered a collectors edition in July, I've been waiting for a great SW mmo since they destroyed SWG in 2005.

I'll also be playing on US servers (bad experiences on EU servers in SWG and WoW led me to give up on them).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Ach. Unfortunately my group is backing out on me for real-world reasons, and without them to act as a "social imperative" I too cannot justify spending the amount of time a MMO demands sequestered from my family. It is for this very reason that I haven't been able to play any video games in something like 3 years.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Veteran-Sergeant

it going to be amazing i was on the beta test for it. Got my clan set up already lol

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So, SW:TOR early access starts on the 13th with the full release a week after that. Any BoLSlets going to be playing? I shalll be, pre-ordered a collectors edition in July, I've been waiting for a great SW mmo since they destroyed SWG in 2005.

I'll also be playing on US servers (bad experiences on EU servers in SWG and WoW led me to give up on them).
    I'll be playing (US Servers). I'll have both Jedi and Sith but will likely focus on Sith since most of my friends are going that route.

Been in the Beta since October and had a blast trying out various classes and builds up the last beta weekend. Looking forward to being able to level past 15ish (highest I managed to make it since they wiped the servers from week to week).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

I plan on making an Imperial Agent and Sith Inquisitor, might make some Republic characters too I've not decided. Getting quite excited, invites to early access start going out on the 13th now and apparently collector edition purchasers get in on the first day. Should let me reserve the names I want.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Inquisitor story line is hilarious (in a good way).

I'll be playing a Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) primarily with a Bounty Hunter as my backup.

I'm not worried about names, my usual MMO names are pretty non-standard so I doubt they will be taken within the first month, much less the first week ( I certainly never had problems in the Beta).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion

Good to hear, I like the idea of a sneak Sith more than a 'rawrgh, me kill' sith so hopefully the story reflects that. I actually received a beta invitation but when I went to sign up the server was down, then I forgot until a few days after the closing date. Rather pleased in a way, I hate it when my character gets wiped.

I'm not too fussed about names, and one of them certainly won't be taken but one of the others might so I'm hoping early access gives me a better chance.

Is there a biography tab where you can write a bio for your character and people can read it when they inspect it? I always like that feature from a low level RP perspective.

First-Captain

I unfortunately need to rebuild my gaming computer before I can think about it.

I haven't even been able to play Skyrim yet.

The horror...

I don't recall a bio tab. Then again, I really wasn't looking for one either so it's possible it is there.

Some videos of space combat from the beta:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4k_S96wcbvg"]First[/URL] is just a clip, the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qFjHdipvL30#!"]second [/URL]has a chap explaining what is going on.

Looks pretty nifty.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast