BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chaplain

Dark Eldar
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CarlostheCraven View Post
    Hi

I have got to throw my nomination towards Tamurkhan on this one. The finest supplement from Forgeword that I have ever seen (owning 7/10 of the IA Volumes).

Cheers,
    Nate
    Completely agree with Nate.

Should this really include Dread Fleet or SDE? I feel like there should be a 'boxed' miniatures game option on here. It therefore could also include the new Dust Tactics box, etc. And I love m DF and SDE boxes, but beating Tamurkhan? Ya'lls CRAAAAAZZZZYYYY.

PS....What is Dark Souls?

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    With due respect to all the other great books released this year, if Throne of Tamurkhan doesn't win, something is wrong. Army lists, campaigns, and more all wrapped in quite possibly the most lavish packaging ever for a campaign book, and you have a winner.
    I can only agree here... and I don't even play WFB.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Cos Grey Knights usually offer so much more with Purifier Spam. Or henchmen spam. Or Draigo Wing.

DE is the pinacle of current codexes in terms of variety, which is why it won this competition last year
    Draigo-Paladin lists have greatly eased the buy-in to the hobby. They are fast becoming the most affordable, most playable entry into the 40K hobby with few, but highly individual, customizable and thus personalizable minis in an army that is all-round reliable in a casual environment, fairly easy to use, but clearly not dominating the "tourney-scene". "Draigo-wing" greatly eased entry into the hobby, something much maligned for a long, long time and opened up the game to an entire new spectrum of players. Not to mention that it is a very accurate representation and implementation of an "elite-army" of chosen brothers on the table, highly coherent with the background.

On the other hand of the spectrum, all-henchmen-lists offer the so far best and most diverse outlet for the "hard-core" hobbyist. The ultimate challenge for creativity, variety, customization and hobby-dedication taken far beyond what was possible before.

Together, the Grey Knight Codex has, with a single book, expanded the scope and breath of the 40K hobby in both ends, pushing frontiers for both the casual player and the hard-core hobbyist. In that, its scope is unsurpassed, indeed greater than most other 40K Codexes combined. Grey Knights made 40K a broader, better and more inclusive game than it ever has been before.

For that, Grey Knights deserve the nomination. The Codex is the best gaming supplement in mini-wargaming of the year. Of many, many years in fact.
    Last edited by Zweischneid; 12-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Battle-Brother

Ambush Alley - Tomorrow's War

Quote Originally Posted by Zweischneid View Post
    Codex Grey Knights

Awsome revive of a dead and dull army, fantastic fluff-tie-ins to the HH-novels, great and varied army list (especially on the heels of the dull Venom-spam Codex). Alround great book. One of the best and most enjoyable 40K books in a long time.
    I know we are all expressing opinions, but WHAT?

Venom-spam codex? The Dark Eldar are the ONE book in 40k that has useful and competitive units in every slot. They can play 4 or 5 different lists that are all competitive, some of which have zero Venoms in it.

The Grey Knights? Spam Psycannons and Psyfledreads = win. Some grenades if you really want to piss people off.

It's the most dummy-proof, forgiving, ultra-WAAC players' dream book, and the fluff was terrible! Why don't they just call Draigo the new and improved Emperor?

I'm glad they are relevant, but they are sadly torching the tournament scene. Bad players are winning easily with them.

The Dark Eldar book is perhaps the most varied and creative book GW has ever written.

I say this from the outside: I play Tyranids, so both are a nightmare for me to face.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Tomorrow's War, definetely.

Tamurkhan

Chapter-Master

Sorry for hijacking the thread a little here...

Draigo-Paladin lists have greatly eased the buy-in to the hobby. They are fast becoming the most affordable, most playable entry into the 40K hobby with few, but highly individual, customizable and thus personalizable minis in an army that is all-round reliable in a casual environment, fairly easy to use, but clearly not dominating the "tourney-scene". "Draigo-wing" greatly eased entry into the hobby, something much maligned for a long, long time and opened up the game to an entire new spectrum of players. Not to mention that it is a very accurate representation and implementation of an "elite-army" of chosen brothers on the table, highly coherent with the background.

You really think this was the reasoning behind GW's writting on the book? And you can't say "spamming one thing in my army cos its cheap and fits the fluff is fine, but spamming something else in another army that also fits the fluff is a bad thing!"

On the other hand of the spectrum, all-henchmen-lists offer the so far best and most diverse outlet for the "hard-core" hobbyist. The ultimate challenge for creativity, variety, customization and hobby-dedication taken far beyond what was possible before.
    Excellent Creativity and customisation there....i can see the thought process behind writting an army list.

"Cortez. Chimera, melta guns. Chimera, melta guns. Chimera, melta guns. Chimera, melta guns. Chimera, melta guns. Chimera, FLAMERS!. Razorback, Pyscannons. Razorback, Pyscannons."

It also means a Imperial guard player can just play a 2nd army without even doing anything new

Together, the Grey Knight Codex has, with a single book, expanded the scope and breath of the 40K hobby in both ends, pushing frontiers for both the casual player and the hard-core hobbyist. In that, its scope is unsurpassed, indeed greater than most other 40K Codexes combined. Grey Knights made 40K a broader, better and more inclusive game than it ever has been before.
    You seem to think a little too highly for what a single book can do. Don't get me wrong, i like the GK codex, but the awful fluff and the spammyness of 99% of lists i've seen means it doesn't deserve a nomination
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Hordes: Domination

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast