BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chaplain

Tamurkhan. By far.

It is the most enjoyable fluff for me. A Chaos invasion (what we all know) but done with a new twist and a great and fun campaign both for the protagonists and antagonists.

It is the most enjoyable expansion into the WHFB universe for me in terms of new units which build on existing societies and factions and as well as linking in with the GW money-spinner (this time incorporating a real spinner) the storm of magic (tragic).

It is the most enjoyable book I have seen this year in terms of art- not just the newly commissioned art pieces of the heroes and villains that really inspire us, but the maps, the background, the typography, its just simply the highest quailty ina produced book I have seen in terms of sci fi and fantasy artefacts.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    However please don't try to say the Draigo fluff is at all justified, go read HH and you see Corax scything through dozens of space marines, even Lorgar could easily take care of any marine and he was one of the worst at combat. Then Draigo comes and manages to subdue a daemon primarch, Mortarion who was one of the more competent, to the point where he can carve names into him. Mortarion, a being so much more powerful then Draigo and whose control over the warp would far outdo anything Draigo could manage, it just goes against so much/all of the fluff.
    By the fluff, it also once took the combined effort of both the Emperor and Horus in their fighting prime to subdue a regular Ork boy who was about to strangle the Emperor. Relative combat prowess is not a static thing in 40K.

Also you are coming across as a bit of an aggressive arse who refuses to believe any other codex can match his precious GK, so can I then say, well I guess that's the type of person the GK book attracts.
    Any other Codex? No. But I do think Space Wolves and Dark Eldar are inferiour products by far, with bland, repetitive lists, abysmal fluff and bad game design all over.

I think you're mad. The Space Wolves codex is certainly like that, but is no more or less difficult to make varied, fluffy and effective lists with the DE book than it is with GK. That people tend to just field venom spam and whatnot is no more a strike against the DE book than purifer spam or dreadnought spam is for GK. I think it comes down toyou seeing what you want to see to validate your opinion.
    Any other Codex? No. But I do think Space Wolves and Dark Eldar are inferiour products by far, with bland, repetitive lists, abysmal fluff and bad game design all over.[/QUOTE]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Default Necrons For the Win!

I think that the Necron Codex may be the best codex I've ever read. Matt Ward is awesome. I am a Tyranid player and I hope that when my codex gets an update that Ward gets the nod. The Necron 'dex is full of character, has good internal balance between units, and is a masterful re-boot of a boring faction in 40K. So my vote goes to Matt Ward and the Necron Codex! Cheers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    I think that the Necron Codex may be the best codex I've ever read. Matt Ward is awesome. I am a Tyranid player and I hope that when my codex gets an update that Ward gets the nod. The Necron 'dex is full of character, has good internal balance between units, and is a masterful re-boot of a boring faction in 40K. So my vote goes to Matt Ward and the Necron Codex! Cheers!
    Ah, but you forget, this is the internet and anything but homicidal hatred of Ward is illegal .

Librarian

Dreadfleet, followed by Necron codex (if dreadfleet isn't applicable).

this one is easy, that will be Kings of war 2nd edition and warpath,
    great simple games

Scout

Super Dungeon Explore gets my vote!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345