BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

The Reverend Custodier from Corvus Belli for Infinity.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by silks View Post
    Constance Blaze by Privateer Press

Methinks I see a PP fanboy here. First Hordesomination (while understandable, at least), and now this. I Agree that this is one of the 'nicer' Privateer Models in a while, but best of the year?

C'mon man.

That thing isn't even Privateer's best mini of the year (and I play Cygnar). IMO that lies firmly with the Celestial Fulcrum, which is original, has great movement, and really fits the theme. Constance is static and over-filigreed. But again, just my opinion.

[And for what it's worth, I was looking back through all the PP recentish releases to find someone better than Constance, and it was actually hard. So much of the recent stuff coming out of there is really, really boring and uninspired. I like Jarl, Scaverous, and a handful of others, but so many of them are just boring.]

That Reverand Custodiers, on the other hand. That is nice.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    That Reverand Custodiers, on the other hand. That is nice.
    She is, isn't she?

I really like Thyra, The Flame of Sorrow ([url]http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/warcasters/thyra-flame-of-sorrow[/url]) from PP, this year, and tried to nominate her until I saw only one figure per poster. She is a pretty good example on how to do a dynamic but stationary (as in not standing on some flimsy base terrain or leaping into the air) pose; you can really see her whirling around - and the picture do not really do the model justice, as it often it with PP's dynamics. Too many "dynamic" figures in these CAD days are just oddly posed and have their hair/robes blowing in the wind in a silly manner, like last year's winner. Lazy design. But the Reverend Custodier is a better model than Thyra. Simple and effective, with the flowing robes efffect kept to a minimum that harmonies with the figure. I have her on the painting table right now

If you want to find a fanboy nomination, look no further than the guy who nominated the ALLCAPS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT above. It's just a resin box. GWs best this year, I think, is either the Firebelly or the Nurgle Champ.

Scout

I love the Scibor Miniatures stuff. The Chaos Master albeit not as beautifull as the flower knight i think is a stunning miniature for its pose, weapon and useability on 40K.
    [IMG]www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2011/big/chaos_master_03.jpg[/IMG]

I think its from 2011

Hmmm I'm new to this and cannot get the image to download, sorry.
    Last edited by abaddonsmummy; 12-14-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: trying to get image to display

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Methinks I see a PP fanboy here. First Hordesomination (while understandable, at least), and now this. I Agree that this is one of the 'nicer' Privateer Models in a while, but best of the year?

C'mon man.

That thing isn't even Privateer's best mini of the year (and I play Cygnar). IMO that lies firmly with the Celestial Fulcrum, which is original, has great movement, and really fits the theme. Constance is static and over-filigreed. But again, just my opinion.
    There's nothing wrong with being a PP fanboy but I genuinely love this model - I saw it for the first time in the flesh at the weekend having been painted very nicely and it looked amazing - rushed out and ordered mine.

Personally I don't really like the Fulcrum

There are some very nice models from other companies in the thread and I don't expect Connie to win - but she's my favourite model of the year (I'd originally put the Stormstrider which I love)

Chaplain

my vote goes to the Contemptor dreadnought (and the whole heresy era line in general) as i adore the old tech from the horus heresy.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

i say the plaguebringer by max mini.

[url]http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products _id=172[/url]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234