BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: less VS more

Chaplain

Question less VS more

well just read the title and that's a little about what i am talking about.
    so i have been trying to figure out what is better less or more models in a army list, and i found something in between it is to get some of the cheapest army units and give them all the upgrades they can get.it has been working good for me or i could get the best units with less upgrades but better stats. whats your opinion.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Chapter-Master

Depends a lot on what army and which you're taking. You can do anything from ork mobz to Driagowing and make it work.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

so my boss+450 grotz list is viable

HUZZAH

seriously though its all about balance between damage soakers and hard hitters, and survivable and pricey e.g. guardians/warp spiders/ wraithguard. a army solely of any one of those would not work: wraithguard would get anti tanked to death, warp spiders cant hold objectives and guardians, well a strong wind will crush them :L
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 12-12-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

Boyz before Toyz!

A lot depends on how you play. A friend of mine runs his 'nids either as a never ending swarm or an elitist big bug list and does equal well with both.

One thing I have come round to is that 10 man squads are better than 5 man if you plan on using them outside of a transport; doubly so if you are assaulting