BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default "Attached" and attached.

Dear readers,

The Black Templars codex says one may by furious charge for any "leading/attached characters" to a command squad.

A Techmarine, as an IC, can be "attached" so if he pays the cost and remains attached to the unit, does he benefit from Furious Charge?

Obviously I can pay the 3 points and he can leave the unit and NOT benefit from it, but could I pay the 3 points and have him gain it while he's with the unit due to the "attached character" clause?
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Chapter-Master

I think this goes back to the old SM codex (and subsequently copy/pasted into the BT codex) where you could attach an additional captain, librarian and chaplain to the command squad, allowing the main captain/lib/chaplain, his command squad and the attached characters to be a single HQ choice. The techmarine, just as an IC rather than a HQ character, was not able to be attached to the command squad in this way, despite being able to join them later in the game as normal.

Looking at pages 32 and 33 of the BT codex I would think it only refers to allowing the captain/chaplain the command squad was bought for being able to get furious charge for +3 points, not any other ICs that can join them at deployment.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

First-Captain

Yeh its for the captian and the chaplain if you want to have them in one squad as 1 hq choice
    For the Greater good.