BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by w7west View Post
    Regardless of what the rest of this thread was about, I highly doubt China would want to destroy the western world when that is the precise source making China the fastest growing economy in the world. No Chinese official is working on a secret plan to drive GW out of business to stick it to the west. Why would they, they make all of the plastic.
    Oh, the plan isn't secret. It's been out in the wide open for years - numerous people have commented on it, and have been ignored. As for China's stated goals, I believe Mao's Little Read Book © is still required reading in China, at least for party officials. It has been several years since I read a translation of it,but I recall there being several references to western running-dog imperialists, and how it was the People's duty to overthrow them. Mao's goal was for that to be accomplished by force of arms, but the current regime has been accomplishing it through economic means.

And part and parcel to that is undermining Western economic strength through counterfeiting. It started with luxury items like Gucci handbags and designer jeans, but now it's common throughout every economic tier, with pretty much every product conceivable. In fact, the counterfeits were so good, the counterfeiters were licensed to produce the "real" products. Again, this isn't news. Analysts had been commenting on it for years, but nobody paid attention, and now we're living with the consequences.

But all this is largely moot, and wasn't the point of my original post. All I intended to say is that discovering counterfeit GW products in China isn't actually news.

Last edited by Necron2.0; 12-22-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

It's really amazing, if you think about it, how high the quality Chinese produced products have become over the past 10 or so years. If the unemployed 10% in the US was actually willing to work, I don't know that we'd get the same kind of quality anyways.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    * or get some amazingly handsome miniture painter t paint your minis at VERY low prices \/

p.s. SELF PROMOTION!
    if theres three people in a three some, i can see why your called handsome...

jj

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by archimbald View Post
    if theres three people in a three some, i can see why your called handsome...

jj
    why yes i paint the minatures with my hands holding a brush what else did you think i held my brush with :P lol
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    the thing im annoyed about is all the westerns who are supporting this illegal activity because it will save them a few quid

@DJ revel

$70 on paint?! $60 on a ruel book and $30 on counters?!

black reach rule book: ebay: $10
    black/white/skintone/basecolour/silver = 5 pots of paint, from vallejow say $15*
    1 measuring tape from b&Q less than $5
    some dice = you must have a old monopoly set somewhere :P or about $3 online

and ive saved you about $130! now go buy some legit minis
    Lol, not that anything you said was wrong, but just the way you said it:

Don't support these knockoffs instead of GW!
    Support Ebay instead of GW! :P

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345