2013 getting fuzzy
    Q1 - SM
    Q2/3 - chaos legions (new)
    Q4 - ig or orks!

2014. So much could change...no order given
    Daemons
    Nids
    DA?

This is a long way out, and a lot could change, but we know the studio has long lead times.

Cheers, Merry Christmas.
    If Marines aren't the first codex for 6th then Eldar doesn't surprise me as having that honour, they are generally the second best selling army after Marines. However I still have trouble believing it won't be Marines. Everything else is quite plausible. A WD codex for Black Templar and other specific chapters makes so much more sense than clogging up the codex release schedule with yet another bloody Marine codex and probably gives them more than they would get in a combined codex of several different First Founding chapters.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

What you say makes sense, but a part of me can't see GW giving up the $$ of the offshoot codex'. I do support the idea and will buy them as needed. It would also make us buy WD. As I typed that, I remember my SoB codex I got online for free.

But it's just rumours, so who really knows?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If Marines aren't the first codex for 6th then Eldar doesn't surprise me as having that honour, they are generally the second best selling army after Marines. However I still have trouble believing it won't be Marines. Everything else is quite plausible. A WD codex for Black Templar and other specific chapters makes so much more sense than clogging up the codex release schedule with yet another bloody Marine codex and probably gives them more than they would get in a combined codex of several different First Founding chapters.
    Just about any chapter/legion other than the Ultramarines and their descendants could get a dex of their own, it seems like few actually do follow the codex astertes much at all. But out of those, BT and SW stands out as they don't actually follow any of the codex. It would make more sense to fold in BA and DA into SM. I'm certain that the bulk of BT players would vastly prefer to keep their codex to a WD one, plus isn't BT the post child for the new 40k MMO?

Other than that, sounds good. Would fit me great to have Eldar and SM coming up. Almost too good to be true!

Aren't chaos legions still rumored to be in the 6e starter set? That would make a 2013 codex release seem a bit....off, no?

Chaos Marines might be in the starter set, doesn't mean a Chaos Legions book won't be in 2013.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Chaos Marines might be in the starter set, doesn't mean a Chaos Legions book won't be in 2013.
    Probably just means it would use the current book....or we might get a preview of what the Legions books might be like...actually might be interesting as a mass play test.

The latest fantasy edition was a Q3 release but no new army book until March (Orcs and Goblins), although sentiment seems to be that was too long.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Probably just means it would use the current book....or we might get a preview of what the Legions books might be like...actually might be interesting as a mass play test.
    According to the latest rumours, the chaos legions book is supposed to be in addition to the current chaos space marine codex, not a replacement. Meaning the legions book may be in 2013.

Chaplain

Well the 6th Edition starter set is Q3 / Q4 2012 (June / July) and will allegedly have Chaos in one form or another in it.

This would make a Q3 / Q4 Chaos Legions Codex quite viable. Codex / Army books seem to come out in Q4 with a first wave, followed by a Q1 second wave the following year which would fit with the 2013 estimate.

And yes the new Codex is Chaos Legions, not Chaos Space Marines, there is a significant difference.

We already have a Chaos Space Marine Codex and this will remain relatively unchanged AFAIK.

Legionnaires and Chaos Marines are as different as Grey Knights and Ultras.

However just to throw a spanner in the works I have heard that the Legions Codex will be released in 2012, and a fair bit earlier than has been speculated, but as that contradicts everybody else's rumours I won't say more on that.

And I agree there will be a new Vanilla SM Dex next year, there always is when a new editiion comes out, and there are some additions to be put in.

Chapter-Master

It will be a cold day in hell before you can persuade me that Eldar will be released before a new SM codex. They are alwasy first because they are a) the 40k archetype and b) they make so much damn money. Eldar as the first alien dex sounds fine to me, but not before SM
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast