BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thousand Suns / Prospero Burns

Anyone else notice the change in the dates?

hey were originally listed on BLs site as November and January....

Now they are March and April.

Why the swap?
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

nooooooooooooo!

TS is the next HH book after Angels right?
    Man, I finished that so fast, I have been sitting wiating for a new book. That is terrible news.

Chaplain

Meh, it happens. As a writer myself, who comes from a family of writers, I know that getting one writer to meet a deadline is hard enough. Getting two writers to meet roughly the same deadline, for two seperate books that have to interact and/or agree with each other at every turn... thats downright impossible. I always thought that the idea, while very good and how the books should be done, would be hard to pull off.

To put it simply, I'll use a quote by Douglas Adams: "I love Deadlines. I love the *whooooshhhhhh*ing noise they make as they go by."
    Last edited by ThePov; 09-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

ARGH DAMMIT! Ive been waiting FOREVER for them to finally get around to the thousand sons side of the heresy, and now its getting pushed back?!

I dont understand why they chose grahm Mcneil to write the thousand sons story and Dan Abnett (master of the universe) to write the space wolves story. That seems backwards to me. McNeil is a good writer, and he has his moments. Hes kind of "slam, bang, IM A SPACE MARINE! HUUZAH!" writer though. I doubt he has the foresight and intricate plot weaving skills necessary to fill a thousand sons book. I always thought Abnett would be better suited to that role. His character designs are complex, interwoven, fleshed out...and his story lines always have such a great climax.

Meanwhile mcneil could be writing the "im a space wolf, watch me howl and uh...uhm...beat things up" book.

Of course, ill still read both books. But i just wish the authors were reversed

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post
    ARGH DAMMIT! Ive been waiting FOREVER for them to finally get around to the thousand sons side of the heresy, and now its getting pushed back?!

I dont understand why they chose grahm Mcneil to write the thousand sons story and Dan Abnett (master of the universe) to write the space wolves story. That seems backwards to me. McNeil is a good writer, and he has his moments. Hes kind of "slam, bang, IM A SPACE MARINE! HUUZAH!" writer though. I doubt he has the foresight and intricate plot weaving skills necessary to fill a thousand sons book. I always thought Abnett would be better suited to that role. His character designs are complex, interwoven, fleshed out...and his story lines always have such a great climax.

Meanwhile mcneil could be writing the "im a space wolf, watch me howl and uh...uhm...beat things up" book.

Well, part of it may have been an intentional attempt to change the way people see each of those legions. The Space Wolves actually have a lot of room to have very fleshed out characters, but they're often seen as one-dimensional, where as the Thousand Sons may be all coniving, but they're still Space Marines, and Space Marines are still, at the core, genetically engineered killing machines. Also, I think McNiel has more than enough skill to pull it off.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post

Actually, if you read Abnetts blog... the two writers are quite good friends.... and they drew straws.... they both wanted to write the Wolves side of things.

Abnett won the draw.

As for the books getting pushed back, it seems Games Workshop HQ UK is to blame.

They have decided to use the books as a device in the UK Games Day. The "Big event" this year is going to be Prospero... and the event winners and outcome of the battle will in some way "influence" some aspect of the books. IE a named character, or something like that.

The books are being pushed back so that the results can be worked in.

Got this info today from a GW Area Manager in the North. (wont say which, dont want to get him in trouble.)
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Scout

Well the first crack at Prospero at the TF weekend went very well - if you a Space Wolf that is - with the planet imploding. The TS failed to open the warpgate after losing 70% of their sorcerers so they battered survivors had to evacuate by more traditional means and were last seen heading towards Nicea...

Dan Abnett has not been well, according to his [URL="http://theprimaryclone.blogspot.com/2009/09/mind-is-terrible-thing-to-waste.html"]blog[/URL]

Occuli Imperator

Bummer news, though it generally means things will be better when finally released.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by genotype View Post
    Dan Abnett has not been well, according to his [URL="http://theprimaryclone.blogspot.com/2009/09/mind-is-terrible-thing-to-waste.html"]blog[/URL]
    Tzeentch is pissed at always getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps the book should be called Fenris burns?

In all seriousness, hope Dan feels better soon as I am looking forward to reading his book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast